Brentwood Academy Photo #2 - The Academy Singers is an auditioned vocal ensemble, recording an album every year and performing live at The Franklin Theatre.
Brentwood Academy Photo #3 - Strong relationships between faculty and students provide the ideal environment for students to flourish and grow in their God-given gifts and talents.
Brentwood Academy Photo #4 - Coaches, faculty, and administrators are committed to encourage students in a personal relationship with Christ.
Brentwood Academy Photo #5 - Our nationally recognized speech and debate program earned a School of Excellence Award at the 2016 National Speech & Debate Association competition.
Brentwood Academy Photo #6 - The Iron Eagles Robotics team has qualified and competed in the VEX World Robotics competition for the past three years, winning the coveted Design Award in 2015.
Brentwood Academy Photo #7 - In 2015-2016, BA set a school record by earning six state championship titles in varsity athletics.
Brentwood Academy Photo #8 - Small class sizes and a low faculty-student ratio make it possible for students to receive personal attention and hands-on learning opportunities.
Brentwood Academy Photo #9 - The Big Brother Big Sister program pairs new younger students with older ones to help make the transition easier and fun!
- Brentwood Academy (grades 6-12) is a co-educational, independent college preparatory school dedicated to nurturing and challenging each whole person--body, mind, and spirit--to the glory of God. Having a vision of the "heart" is foundational to the Brentwood Academy experience.
- When Bill Brown established BA in 1969, he and the founding trustees envisioned a school that would emphasize the development of each student`s body, mind, and spirit.
- Their intent was to establish a school that would encourage the cultivation of relationships, service, and community outreach, as well as provide an excellent academic experience.
- Through the triangle philosophy, symbolizing the spiritual, academic and athletic dimensions of a whole person, we seek to ensure that strong academics and challenging athletics can prosper together in an environment where God is the foundation.
- A spirit of cooperation, rooted in wholesome relationships, is necessary for this model of education to be effective. See more at: https://www.brentwoodacademy.com/.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||786 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||92 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||English Language, English Literature, Calculus, Statistics, French, Spanish, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Biologry, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, World History, European History, Studio Art|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, collared shirts, skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,690|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$11,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jason Mathews|
|Admissions Associate||Jenny Cretin|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Math Team, Model UN, Robotics, Student Leadership Team, Youth in Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Speech & Debate
- Brentwood Academy's mission and ministry is rooted in the belief that strong relationships provide the best environment for students to flourish and reach their fullest potential. A student's greatest need is to be known by their teachers and peers and more importantly, to know Christ and have a personal relationship with Him. While we challenge each person in academics, athletics, and fine arts, our ultimate goal is to help young men and women discover their God-given talents and to sharpen those gifts to glorify God now and for the future. Our team of college counselors begins working with each student in the 8th grade to help them chart a course for what their future can hold after they graduate. This process is customized for every individual, taking into account their unique needs and dreams.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.