Currey Ingram Academy
5.00 (1 review)
This is the east side of Jennifer & Billy Frist Hall as seen from the fields behind the Lower School.
Currey Ingram Academy sits on a beautiful 83-acre campus just eight miles from downtown Nashville, Tenn., and 11 miles from the Franklin/Cool Springs area. A new student center and administrative building opened in August 2013. The footprint is shown here in a human outline from the ground-breaking event in 2012.
- Currey Ingram Academy is a K-12, independent, college-preparatory day school for students with average to superior intelligence who have unique learning styles and/or learning differences.
- The school offers individualized learning plans for every student and full host of arts, athletics and extracurricular activities.
- The school uses research- and evidenced-based approaches to educating each student and offers small classes and differentiated instruction. Families have enrolled from from 32 states and eight foreign countries in recent years, citing the school as a primary reason for their move to Middle Tennessee.
- Located just south of Nashville, Tennessee, Currey Ingram Academy is situated on a pastoral 83-acre campus with state-of-the-art facilities built in the years 2002-2013.
- A new student center and administrative building opened in 2013.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADHD, language-based|
|Total Students||318 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||105 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra II Honors, British Literature Honors, Calculus Honors, Chemistry Honors, Earth Science Honors, English II Honors, Geometry Honors, Govt/Economics Honors, Physics Honors, Pre-Calculus Honors, Senior Capstone Project (required for all seniors), Senior Composition Honors, Spanish II, III, IV, V Honors, Statistics Honors, World History Honors|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, school skirt, collared shirts, ties/jackets in upper grades)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||2016-17 Tuition is is $38,500 (grades K-9) and $39,680 (grades 10-12). Application fee is $250. Enrollment fee is $300.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kathy Boles|
|Admissions Associate||Dolly Roach|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Offerings vary by Division and change by semester. See curreyingram.org for lists.|
- We are so honored by your interest in Currey ingram Academy. Please visit our website at: http://www.curreyingam.org/admission for more information or call us for a tour at (615) 507-3173. Thank you.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BrentwoodGrades: 6-12 | 786 students
219 Granny White Pike
Brentwood, TN 37027
- NashvilleGrades: 3-12 | 56 students
5555 Franklin Pike
Nashville, TN 37220
- NashvilleGrades: PK-12 | 1265 students
3901 Granny White Pike
Nashville, TN 37204
- FranklinGrades: K-12 | 772 students
336 Ernest Rice Lane
Franklin, TN 37069
- NashvilleGrades: PK-12 | 756 students
4700 Franklin Pike
Nashville, TN 37220
CIA has exceeded our expections in every way. Every day my child is happy to go to school, every day she learns more and more. Currey Ingram Academy has proven to be a exceptional educational experience for our child as well as for us. I did not comprehend the impact this school would have on our entire family until now. The teachers are amazing, the facility is amazing, it's almost too good to be true. If you're considering a school where every teacher knows your child and your family, a class size ratio of 3:1, a student body with the most genuine , friendly kids and a place where your child (and you) can call a second home then look no farther! The sacrifice is worth it.
- Posted by Parent - MD43
February 03, 2018
After conducting a survey of the educational backgrounds of current U.S. senators we were able to draw some interesting conclusions. Keep reading to learn more.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.