Benton Hall Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (615) 791-6467
Pride, Progress, Excellence. Benton Hall School is a private day school which serves the educational needs of children with learning disabilities and students that do not thrive in large classrooms. The school provides a comprehensive, individualized educational program for students in grades three through twelve.
Benton Hall School is accredited by the State of Tennessee and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based, Mild learning differences, Spectrum issues, Anxiey|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(uniform - khaki pants and collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,464|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jimmy Purcell|
|Admissions Associate||Andrea Meyers|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Golf, SoccerBasketball, Bowling,|
Cross Country, Golf,
- OUR APPROACH TO EDUCATION: Individualized instruction is the key to our approach at Benton Hall. We recognize that every student learns differently, and by maintaining low student-teacher ratios, we are able to prepare our students academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally to reach their potential and make a successful transition into higher learning or a chosen vocation. We place the highest priority on developing sensitive, autonomous human beings who relate well to others and become life long learners who understand how to solve problems, make wise choices, and become contributing members of their communities.
- OUR STUDENTS: The students at Benton Hall come from diverse backgrounds and have various talents and unique learning styles. Many students have transferred to Benton Hall from public school systems or large private schools where they felt lost and unable to get the attention and encouragement they needed to excel. Some have struggled with ADD, ADHD, and other challenges that require the individualized instruction larger schools are not equipped to offer. When these students come to Benton Hall, they not only experience dramatic academic improvement, but increased self-esteem as well.
- OUR CURRICULUM: Benton Hall provides a broad curriculum that meets all standards set forth by the state of Tennessee for all subject areas. Designed for students who were not thriving in traditional schools, Benton Hall's third through twelfth grade curriculum challenges each student to his or her highest intellectual and creative abilities.
- QUOTES: "When I was in high school, I received a wonderful education, but the school lacked compassion. I always knew there was a better way to teach, and Benton Hall allows me to do this every day. There is no 'back of the room' at Benton Hall. No student gets lost here or falls between the cracks. They all receive immediate and caring attention." - Veronica Paradis, Dean of Students
- "We are all seen as individuals here. We have very small classes, and our teachers know how each and every one of us learns. I've been here for almost eight years, and it's only gotten better. Teachers and students are like family." - Grade Eleven Student
- "Benton Hall is a home away from home. It's a place where I can go and feel safe and where everybody wants to be there for you and help you as much as they can." - Grade Twelve Student
- "For my son's first two years of high school, he attended a school with more than 2,400 students, and he was no more than a mere number in the crowd. He was doing mediocre work with very little effort...even though I knew he was capable of doing so much more. Since becoming a Benton Hall student, his entire outlook has changed. He gets up each morning ready to go to school, and comes home ready to be a part of the family. His grades have improved, and he is involved in many school activities. He is no longer a number in the crowd, but a student who has expectations to succeed in the classroom. I have Benton Hall to thank for this tremendous change." - Parent
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Nashville Grades: NS-12 | 673 students
300 Danyacrest Drive
Nashville, TN 37214
(615) 883-2926 12.3 NS-12
- Antioch Grades: NS-12 | 392 students
574 Bell Road
Antioch, TN 37013
(615) 367-0532 8.5 NS-12
At Benton Hall, teachers, faculty and administration work together to provide a nurturing learning environment for students. Our son has benefited from small classes and individualized learning. He has really enjoyed participating in basketball and cross country and making good friends.
- Posted by Parent - Kristina Counts
This school has been a literal lifesaver for my son. He has been here from the 5th grade. He is a thriving and successful student when given the opportunity and support in this small classroom environment.
- Posted by Parent - Lori Coleman
It is a warm and nurturing school that meets kids where they are. Great staff, faculty and administration.
- Posted by Parent - Peter Gross
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.