Grades: PK-12 | 167 students
1st grade students write and illustrate books throughout the school year, and get to share them with parents during an 'Author's Tea'.
Abiqua's middle school drama is a very popular program. The 2015 show, 'Annie' was amazing. 2016 will feature the much anticipated performance of 'Bye Bye Birdie'
Abiqua Academy provides an extraordinary academic environment nurturing curious, imaginative and constructive thinkers, to be enthusiastic life-long learners and to become compassionate citizens of their community and the world. Abiqua offers Salem and Willamette Valley area students personalized instruction and learning from PK-12.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||167 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 16 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,995|
|Tuition Notes||Effective for the calendar year 2015-16|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
|Admissions Director||Brittany Fobi|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art in various mediums, Chess Wizards, Choir, Drama, Hip Hop Dance, Robotics Chess Wizards, Choir, Drama, Hip Hop Dance, Robotics, Art in various mediums,
- Abiqua uses a unique thematic, integrated curriculum in each grade, that spirals thru the students education year to year.
- The school is divided as follows: Lower School (Pre-K thru 4th grade), Middle School (5th-8th grade), High School (9th-12 grade).
- Students are allowed to progress at their own pace and not restricted to traditional age level programs. For instance, pre-algebra, algebra and even geometry are available to middle school age students.
- The curriculum for grades PK-8 includes enrichment classes such as Spanish, Art, Physical Education and Music.
- After school "Adventures" include beginning and advance Robotics, Drama, Chess, Choir, Hip-Hop Dance, Cooking, as well as numerous art classes.
- Abiqua "Adventures" including full and half day programs are also available each summer.
- Abiqua's sports teams include Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball and Track
- Before and after-school child care is available.
Profile last updated: 01/26/2016
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SalemGrades: PK-K | 78 students
5000 Skyline Rd S
Salem, OR 97306
SalemGrades: KG-8 | 56 students
510 Idylwood Dr Se
Salem, OR 97302
SalemGrades: PK-K | 123 students
3440 Mock Orange Ct S
Salem, OR 97302
TurnerGrades: PK-12 | 377 students
2707 Maranatha Court SE
Turner, OR 97392
SalemGrades: PK-5 | 128 students
Po Box 3696 4227 Lone Oak Road, SE
Salem, OR 97302
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.