Grades: PK-12 | 559 students
Our Graduation Invitation for event held at the University of Maryland - Congratulations to all of our Alumni! For more information please call us at 301-982-2402!
Copy of Middle States Commission on Elementary Schools (MSCES) Certificate of Accreditation - For more information please call us at 301-982-2402!
4th grade boys classroom at the Al-Huda School in College Park Maryland - For more information please call us at 301-982-2402!
Annual Quran Competition at the Al-Huda School! For more information please call us at 301-982-2402!
Welcome to Al-Huda School! We are a private school located in College Park, MD. We are a college preparatory school.
We provide our students with a well-rounded education in order to prepare them to be productive members of our community.
Al-Huda School is accredited by the Middle States Committee on Institution Wide Accreditation located in Philadelphia, PA. Our curricula is based upon the Maryland State Voluntary Curriculum.
Additionally, we offer AP (Advance Placement) level courses that have been approved by College Board.For more information on our program, please visit the our high school website http://www.alhuda.org/.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||559 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AP, English Language & Composition, US Government & Politics,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,300|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sukina Atiya|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Aqabah, DUS, Girl, Hifzh, MIST, Qur'an Aqabah, DUS, Girl, Hifzh, MIST, Qur'an,|
- operating for 20 years
- over 600 students in Prek through 12th (10-11)
- Accredited by The Middle States Commission on Elementary Schools in Nov'06
- 3 full-time administrators(a principal and 2 vice principals), over 50 teachers and staff
- Opened the 12th grade in Fall'10!
- students scored above national average in standardized tests
- Teaching Arabic, Quran, and Islamic Studies as separate subjects.
- Follow enhanced Maryland State Curriculum
- Parents can monitor their child's progress and grades online via Teacherease.com - School wide events: Quran Competition, Spelling Bee, Science Fair, Sports Day
- Islamic character building: monthly school themes revolve around Islamic traits
- Student incentive programs: Ummah Badge, Caught Cards
- Field Trips to Museums, Libraries, Recycling Center, Science Center,
- Community service opportunities
Profile last updated: 08/31/2015
People that viewed Al-Huda School also viewed these schools: An Nur Academy, New Hope Academy, Rock Creek Christian Academy(Formerly Clinton Christian School), Berwyn Christian School and Washington International Academy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LanhamGrades: PK-2 | 36 students
9150 Lanham Severn Road
Lanham, MD 20706
HyattsvilleGrades: NS-12 | 222 students
7009 Varnum Street
Hyattsville, MD 20784
Upper MarlboroGrades: PK-12 | 243 students
6707 Woodyard Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
College ParkGrades: NS-8 | 175 students
4720 Cherokee Street
College Park, MD 20740
AlexandriaGrades: PK-8 | 182 students
6408 Edsall Rd
Alexandria, VA 22312
Peace be upon u .My name is Sameh Said Holy Quraan and English Teacher in Saudi Arabia.I would like to join you as an English and English Teacher .please send me your e.mail address to keep in touch and I will send my CV.thanks
- Posted by Teacher - sameh
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.