Grades: PK-2 | 36 students
- AnNur Academy preserves our academic services (Pre K-4th grade) and to gradually complete our elementary school up to sixth grade by the year 2011.
- Through stability and well structured programs led by highly qualified team leaders and members, we will be able to produce students who will master assigned academics and memorize/comprehend Al-Quraan in five to six years.
- Our philosophy is to develop our children into productive Muslims by educating them in the way taught by Prophet Muhammad and as exemplified by our pious predecessors in Islam.
- This philosophy can be more understood like through teaching a child of their cultural background is something of utmost importance in Islam.
- This starts from speaking one's mother tongue at home.
- Outside the home other languages may be spoken but inside the home one's mother tongue is important for linking a child to his heritage and cultural background.
- Some may think this insignificant, but this can be devastating to a child's life.
- Not knowing one's mother tongue language can lead to many family issues and problems.
- It should also be understood that all un-Islamic customs and cultures are not allowed in Islam and full adherence of Qur'an and Sunnah is a must for all Muslims regardless to their culture and customs.
- The mission of An-Nur Academy is to preserve its student’s dignity and, to produce a pious and devoted Muslim child, who will be educated in both religious and academic fields, in which he/she will be an effective and efficient citizen in society.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
College ParkGrades: PK-12 | 559 students
5301 Edgewood Rd.
College Park, MD 20740
BaltimoreGrades: K-11 | 311 students
6631 Johnnycake Rd
Baltimore, MD 21244
LanhamGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
9473 Annapolis Rd
Lanham, MD 20706
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.