Grades: K-12 | 322 students
Alma Heights Christian Schools is committed to providing an education that will develop the character, essential skills, and special gifts of each student for a fruitful life of godly impact on the world. The AHC Mission is to be a community of Christian scholarship and discipleship that nurtures our students` growth in faith, knowledge, and virtue. Alma Heights is accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus A/B, AP Calculus B/C, AP Chemistry, AP Composition and Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP Language and Literature, AP United States History, Other AP by Distance Learning,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Blue/Khaki Uniform for K-8 through French Toast Uniforms. Black, White, Blue Uniform for High School through Dennis Uniform. )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten $7740 1st-5th Grades $9240 6th-8th Grades: $10800 High School: $13,740|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Anna Valladares|
|Admissions Associate||Kathy Slyter|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Associated Student Body, Choral Music, Digital Media, Mixed Media, Social Entrepreneurship Lab, Theater Choral Music, Digital Media, Mixed Media, Theater, Associated Student Body,
Social Entrepreneurship Lab,
- Our Belief : We are a Christ-centered school. Our strong liberal arts program and core Bible curriculum integrate truth about God, the world, and His people.
- Our Community: We foster a safe and nurturing environment. We limit class size and prioritize positive relationships among faculty and students. We have high standards of behavior and employ redemptive discipline. We engage in intentional community building with parents, teachers, and students.
- Our Scholarship: We strive to foster perseverance and a love of learning in our students.We encourage innovation and leadership.We feature a college preparatory program that gives our motivated students the opportunity to attend leading colleges and universities.We seek to produce well-rounded students through select co-curricular opportunities.
- Our Diversity: We reflect both the coast and the city of San Francisco with an ethnically and socioeconomically diverse population.We draw students from significant metropolitan centers throughout the world.
- Our Geography: We embrace the vibrant innovation of the Bay Area, while nurturing stewardship and appreciation of the beauty of our quiet coastal setting.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San BrunoGrades: NS-8 | 549 students
1900 Monterey Dr
San Bruno, CA 94066
MillbraeGrades: K-9 | 292 students
1150 Magnolia Ave
Millbrae, CA 94030
BelmontGrades: 9-12 | 447 students
1540 Ralston Ave
Belmont, CA 94002
Daly CityGrades: PK-8 | 130 students
79 Florence St.
Daly City, CA 94014
Daly CityGrades: KG-8 | 465 students
7 Elmwood Dr
Daly City, CA 94015
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.