Top California Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3,947 top private schools in California, serving 647,497 students.
- The average private school tuition is $10,951 for elementary schools and $19,006 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 84% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 44% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Excelsior School Photo - Excelsior School offers a rigorous, college-preparatory education and boarding opportunities.
Futures Academy - Huntington Beach Photo - Futures Academy's high quality academic one-to-one learning program includes social activities and onsite study areas for completing schoolwork assignments.
Calvary Christian Academy Photo - CCA's cheer team performs at local events as well as competing around the state and country.
The Harker School Upper School Photo - Harker's Eagle Buddies program matches upper school students with lower school students for three years. The buddies meet 3 times per year for fun and food!
Futures Academy - Mission Viejo Photo - Futures Academy's high quality academic one-to-one learning program includes social activities and onsite study areas for completing schoolwork assignments.
Capistrano Valley Christian Schools Photo - Since 1973, Capistrano Valley Christian Schools has been dedicated to providing a high standard of college preparatory education, set within the framework of Christian instruction and example. We desire to prepare students to be the Christian leaders of tomorrow. Our staff is committed to partnering with an extremely supportive school community to offer a truly unique educational experience.
Futures Academy - Walnut Creek Photo - Futures Academy's high quality academic one-to-one learning program includes social activities and onsite study areas for completing schoolwork assignments.
Futures Academy - Brentwood Photo - Futures Academy's high quality academic one-to-one learning program includes social activities and onsite study areas for completing schoolwork assignments.
Top California Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 202 Schools31,373 Students54% Minority
- 2 Schools105 Students15% Minority
- 17 Schools1,418 Students21% Minority
- 3 Schools96 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools115 Students48% Minority
- 130 Schools19,113 Students39% Minority
- 3 Schools47 Students10% Minority
- 16 Schools1,447 Students17% Minority
- 41 Schools7,608 Students49% Minority
- 2 Schools177 Students3% Minority
- 13 Schools847 Students18% Minority
- 12 Schools1,851 Students93% Minority
- 2 Schools61 Students23% Minority
- 43 Schools6,601 Students41% Minority
- 6 Schools951 Students36% Minority
- 7 Schools256 Students21% Minority
- 3 Schools49 Students20% Minority
- 1,168 Schools201,991 Students53% Minority
- 8 Schools474 Students63% Minority
- 52 Schools8,490 Students20% Minority
- 2 Schools21 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools799 Students42% Minority
- 18 Schools1,949 Students30% Minority
- 2 Schools33 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools32 Students- Minority
- 26 Schools4,788 Students40% Minority
- 29 Schools2,686 Students29% Minority
- 9 Schools349 Students23% Minority
- 391 Schools70,045 Students36% Minority
- 38 Schools4,446 Students20% Minority
- 2 Schools99 Students5% Minority
- 173 Schools25,407 Students42% Minority
- 139 Schools19,910 Students39% Minority
- 6 Schools374 Students29% Minority
- 151 Schools20,835 Students49% Minority
- 322 Schools57,175 Students38% Minority
- 119 Schools27,367 Students51% Minority
- 53 Schools8,875 Students48% Minority
- 31 Schools3,158 Students16% Minority
- 102 Schools17,470 Students38% Minority
- 38 Schools6,440 Students38% Minority
- 241 Schools50,695 Students47% Minority
- 31 Schools5,168 Students27% Minority
- 14 Schools1,821 Students11% Minority
- 7 Schools155 Students6% Minority
- 29 Schools4,500 Students62% Minority
- 61 Schools6,780 Students20% Minority
- 27 Schools3,874 Students24% Minority
- 5 Schools526 Students25% Minority
- 3 Schools264 Students30% Minority
- 18 Schools2,936 Students30% Minority
- 5 Schools466 Students7% Minority
- 96 Schools14,490 Students34% Minority
- 17 Schools2,195 Students31% Minority
- 2 Schools207 Students23% Minority
What are the benefits specific to students in attending private school?
Be prepared for questions which you know will be part of any interview for a private school position.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.