Top California Private Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3,902 top private schools in California, serving 662,959 students.
- The average private school tuition is $11,526 for elementary schools and $20,014 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 84% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 45% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Western Christian Academy Photo - WCA has full accreditation status with the North Central Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI)
Futures Academy - Walnut Creek Photo - Futures Academy's high quality academic one-to-one learning program includes social activities and onsite study areas for completing schoolwork assignments.
Futures Academy - Brentwood Photo - Futures Academy's high quality academic one-to-one learning program includes social activities and onsite study areas for completing schoolwork assignments.
St Jeanne De Lestonnac School Photo - Saint Jeanne educates students from preschool through high school.
Calvary Christian Academy Photo - All Middle and High school academic classes intergrate technology to enhance learning. Our Middle and Upper school students have their own Chromebooks to access course content and to colaborate with teachers and peers. Technology is in place to keep content safe. Our Preschool 4 year olds through 5th Grade classrooms use our Mobil Chromebook carts.
Top California Private Schools by County (2020-21)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 208 Schools30,861 Students53% Minority
- 2 Schools114 Students16% Minority
- 15 Schools1,334 Students22% Minority
- 2 Schools98 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools83 Students48% Minority
- 133 Schools19,162 Students43% Minority
- 2 Schools85 Students19% Minority
- 15 Schools1,478 Students19% Minority
- 37 Schools6,559 Students48% Minority
- 2 Schools133 Students5% Minority
- 12 Schools792 Students21% Minority
- 13 Schools1,743 Students93% Minority
- 3 Schools66 Students34% Minority
- 42 Schools6,444 Students38% Minority
- 6 Schools1,018 Students39% Minority
- 7 Schools268 Students19% Minority
- 5 Schools60 Students12% Minority
- 1,138 Schools199,168 Students53% Minority
- 5 Schools407 Students61% Minority
- 50 Schools8,349 Students19% Minority
- 1 Schools7 Students- Minority
- 9 Schools681 Students41% Minority
- 17 Schools1,940 Students34% Minority
- 1 Schools17 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools32 Students- Minority
- 22 Schools4,872 Students41% Minority
- 28 Schools4,208 Students19% Minority
- 11 Schools596 Students12% Minority
- 398 Schools72,323 Students38% Minority
- 37 Schools3,959 Students25% Minority
- 1 Schools91 Students3% Minority
- 163 Schools24,624 Students44% Minority
- 131 Schools19,628 Students43% Minority
- 6 Schools370 Students39% Minority
- 145 Schools20,610 Students49% Minority
- 315 Schools57,485 Students39% Minority
- 120 Schools27,903 Students46% Minority
- 49 Schools8,433 Students47% Minority
- 31 Schools3,294 Students15% Minority
- 102 Schools18,226 Students39% Minority
- 37 Schools6,068 Students41% Minority
- 257 Schools58,492 Students47% Minority
- 29 Schools4,855 Students25% Minority
- 14 Schools1,936 Students13% Minority
- 7 Schools155 Students10% Minority
- 32 Schools4,700 Students62% Minority
- 64 Schools6,446 Students22% Minority
- 26 Schools3,907 Students35% Minority
- 5 Schools333 Students36% Minority
- 4 Schools279 Students31% Minority
- 21 Schools3,005 Students34% Minority
- 5 Schools493 Students10% Minority
- 95 Schools22,356 Students29% Minority
- 17 Schools2,248 Students30% Minority
- 2 Schools195 Students23% Minority
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.