Top California Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3,942 top private schools in California, serving 651,760 students.
- The average private school tuition is $11,004 for elementary schools and $18,998 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 84% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 44% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Villanova Preparatory School Photo - In this supportive environment steeped in Catholic values, students are comfortable taking risks, trying something new and learning more about the individual throughout their Villanova experience.
Futures Academy - Newport Beach Photo - Futures Academy's high quality academic one-to-one learning program includes social activities and onsite study areas for completing schoolwork assignments.
Futures Academy - Cupertino Photo - Futures Academy high quality academic one-to-one learning program includes social activities and onsite study areas for completing schoolwork assignments.
Futures Academy - Woodland Hills Photo - Futures Academy's high quality academic one-to-one learning program includes social activities and onsite study areas for completing schoolwork assignments.
Marin Horizon School Photo - Marin Horizon Sschool is a Montessori-inspired pre-K-8th grade independent school in Mill Valley, CA. Please visit our website to find out more: www.marinhorizon.org
Futures Academy - Brentwood Photo - Futures Academy's high quality academic one-to-one learning program includes social activities and onsite study areas for completing schoolwork assignments.
Berkeley Hall School Photo - Berkeley Hall School, founded in 1911, has been educating the whole child for over 100 years.
Top California Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 202 Schools31,373 Students54% Minority
- 2 Schools105 Students15% Minority
- 17 Schools1,418 Students21% Minority
- 3 Schools96 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools115 Students48% Minority
- 130 Schools19,113 Students39% Minority
- 3 Schools47 Students10% Minority
- 16 Schools1,447 Students17% Minority
- 41 Schools7,608 Students49% Minority
- 2 Schools177 Students3% Minority
- 13 Schools847 Students18% Minority
- 12 Schools1,851 Students93% Minority
- 2 Schools61 Students23% Minority
- 43 Schools6,601 Students41% Minority
- 6 Schools951 Students36% Minority
- 7 Schools256 Students21% Minority
- 3 Schools49 Students20% Minority
- 1,168 Schools201,991 Students53% Minority
- 8 Schools474 Students63% Minority
- 52 Schools8,490 Students20% Minority
- 2 Schools21 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools799 Students42% Minority
- 18 Schools1,949 Students30% Minority
- 2 Schools33 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools32 Students- Minority
- 26 Schools4,788 Students40% Minority
- 29 Schools2,686 Students29% Minority
- 9 Schools349 Students23% Minority
- 391 Schools70,045 Students36% Minority
- 38 Schools4,446 Students20% Minority
- 2 Schools99 Students5% Minority
- 173 Schools25,407 Students42% Minority
- 139 Schools19,910 Students39% Minority
- 6 Schools374 Students29% Minority
- 151 Schools20,835 Students49% Minority
- 322 Schools57,175 Students38% Minority
- 119 Schools27,367 Students51% Minority
- 53 Schools8,875 Students48% Minority
- 31 Schools3,158 Students16% Minority
- 102 Schools17,470 Students38% Minority
- 38 Schools6,440 Students38% Minority
- 241 Schools50,695 Students47% Minority
- 31 Schools5,168 Students27% Minority
- 14 Schools1,821 Students11% Minority
- 7 Schools155 Students6% Minority
- 29 Schools4,500 Students62% Minority
- 61 Schools6,780 Students20% Minority
- 27 Schools3,874 Students24% Minority
- 5 Schools526 Students25% Minority
- 3 Schools264 Students30% Minority
- 18 Schools2,936 Students30% Minority
- 5 Schools466 Students7% Minority
- 96 Schools14,490 Students34% Minority
- 17 Schools2,195 Students31% Minority
- 2 Schools207 Students23% Minority
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.