- Chadwick, a K-12 school founded in 1935, is dedicated to the development of academic excellence, exemplary character and, self-discovery through experience.
- We live in accordance with our core values of respect, responsibility, honesty, fairness and compassion.
- Through active participation in a diverse school community, students prepare to contribute meaningfully to their local, national, and global communities.
- Talented and caring faculty and staff cultivate in each student the joy of learning, self-confidence, well-being, and the individual gifts that each possesses.
- By living and learning in an atmosphere of integrity and trust, students come to expect the best of themselves and others.
Chadwick School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1620 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||99 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Capstone Cambridge Pilot Program, Chemistry, Chinese Language, Computer Science A, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Government and Politics, Music Theory, Physics, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. History,|
|Average SAT score||1430|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 20|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,000|
|Tuition Notes||Amount listed above is an average. Tuition ranges from $26,950-$31,835|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Judith Wolstan|
|Admissions Associate||Milton Mitchell, Jr.|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||30 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Admirals, Amnesty International, Athletic Council, Black Student Association, community service, Dance, debate, Hispanic Culture Club, Honor Council, literary magazine, math club, Middle, Model United Nations, newspaper, peer mentors, robotics, Student government, Student Government Elementary, Upper, yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Community Service, Outdoor Education, RoundSquare International
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Dramatic and Musical Productions, Improvisational Theater, Orchestra, Publications Photography, Set Design, Stage Crew
- Chadwick School offers a wide range of academic courses, as well as the visual and performing arts, community service, international programs, athletics and leadership opportunities. Outdoor education is part of the curriculum in Grades 3-12. Global study and service programs are available in Grades 9-12.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Claremont Grades: 9-12 | 407 students
1175 West Baseline Road
Claremont, CA 91711
(909)482-5214 42.6 9-12