Peninsula Heritage School
- Peninsula Heritage School is nestled on a spacious three-acre campus on the beautiful Palos Verdes Peninsula, which borders the Pacific Ocean south of Los Angeles.
- Our California ranch style buildings provide an idyllic setting for children to enjoy a safe, individual-centered learning community that allows for a memorable childhood.
- Our students are immersed through academics and the arts in small classes and full days, with exceptional teachers who are passionate about educating children.
- As you walk our lovely campus, you will discover a warm and loving school where children and adults are honored and esteemed.
- At PHS we embrace diversity in both learning styles and backgrounds.
- Every student at Peninsula Heritage has the opportunity to reach his/her potential while maintaining a sense of individuality.
- We achieve this through our small class sizes, our specialty teachers, and our enrichment programs for advanced learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jill Smithey|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Art Programs, After School Team Sports, Chess Club, Choir, Kids Club, Music Lessons, Student Council|
- HISTORY Established in 1961 The school's founders began with the concept of opening a school that would support the dignity and worth of each individual. They selected the beautiful, country-like location at Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road in the City of Rolling Hills Estates, CA. A distinctive characteristic of the School has been its loving and positive environment. Visitors to our campus frequently remark, "These students are so happy - and their teachers are too!" Peninsula Heritage School emphasizes the development of the whole child and of ethical character. It promotes acceptance and appreciation of diversity and provides a strong academic program that assesses and supports the individual needs of each child.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Grades: K-12 | 1620 students
26800 Academy Drive
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
(310)377-1543 0.8 K-12
- Rancho Palos Verdes Grades: K-8 | 211 students
5446 Crest Road
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
(310)377-2800 1.8 K-8
- Redondo Beach Grades: NS-8
525 Earle Lane
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
(310)798-5181 5.9 NS-8
After having a child at the local public school for several years, and visiting every private school in the area, I chose Peninsula Heritage for both my children and have never looked back. There is no school that I know of that offers all that PHS does: a top notch academic program that is individualized for each child, a creative and innovative P.E. program, spectacular science, computer, library and performing arts programs, and a warm, nurturing and dedicated principal and staff. When you walk on that campus, you and your children will never want to leave!
- Posted by Parent - rmlgb