Peninsula Heritage School
5.00 (1 review)
Our Science Lab offers hands-on opportunities for all of our students to explore and experience the principles of modern science.
Academic classroom time in the younger grades also allows for constructive and creative problem-solving to build masterpieces!
The Fourth Grade's Family Heritage Celebration enables students to share their family heritage, traditions, and food specialties with classmates and parents.
Peninsula Heritage School's playground with the snow-capped San Gabriel Mountains in the background. The park-like setting of our campus makes Peninsula Heritage a unique place to learn and grow.
Visitors to Peninsula Heritage School are welcomed to our spacious three-acre campus at the northeast corner of Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road in the City of Rolling Hills Estates, California
- Peninsula Heritage School is nestled on a spacious three-acre campus on the beautiful Palos Verdes Peninsula, which borders the Pacific Ocean south of Los Angeles.
- Our California ranch style buildings provide an idyllic setting for children to enjoy a safe, individual-centered learning community that allows for a memorable childhood.
- Our students are immersed through academics and the arts in small classes and full days, with exceptional teachers who are passionate about educating children.
- As you walk our lovely campus, you will discover a warm and loving school where children and adults are honored and esteemed.
- At PHS we embrace diversity in both learning styles and backgrounds.
- Every student at Peninsula Heritage has the opportunity to reach his/her potential while maintaining a sense of individuality.
- We achieve this through our small class sizes, our specialty teachers, and our enrichment programs for advanced learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||106 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Art Programs, After School Team Sports, Chess Club, Choir, Kids Club, Music Lessons, Student Council Chess Club, Choir, Kids Club, Music Lessons, After School Art Programs,|
After School Team Sports,
- HISTORY Established in 1961 The school's founders began with the concept of opening a school that would support the dignity and worth of each individual. They selected the beautiful, country-like location at Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road in the City of Rolling Hills Estates, CA. A distinctive characteristic of the School has been its loving and positive environment. Visitors to our campus frequently remark, "These students are so happy - and their teachers are too!" Peninsula Heritage School emphasizes the development of the whole child and of ethical character. It promotes acceptance and appreciation of diversity and provides a strong academic program that assesses and supports the individual needs of each child.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palos Verdes PeninsulaGrades: K-8 | 416 students
26444 Crenshaw Blvd
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
- Palos Verdes PeninsulaGrades: K-12 | 835 students
26800 Academy Drive
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
- Redondo BeachGrades: NS-8
525 Earle Lane
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
- Rancho Palos VerdesGrades: K-8 | 242 students
5446 Crest Road
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
- Manhattan BeachGrades: PK-5 | 95 students
1740 Manhattan Beach Blvd
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
After having a child at the local public school for several years, and visiting every private school in the area, I chose Peninsula Heritage for both my children and have never looked back. There is no school that I know of that offers all that PHS does: a top notch academic program that is individualized for each child, a creative and innovative P.E. program, spectacular science, computer, library and performing arts programs, and a warm, nurturing and dedicated principal and staff. When you walk on that campus, you and your children will never want to leave!
- Posted by Parent - rmlgb
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.