Peninsula Heritage School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (310) 541-4795
Peninsula Heritage School Photo #2 - Peninsula Heritage School is nestled in the horse-country area of southern California's Palos Verdes Peninsula. This location, coupled with the caring and dedication of our outstanding faculty and staff, creates the opportunity for a memorable childhood for each student. We say that Peninsula Heritage School is "Celebrating Childhood through Academics and the Arts!"
Peninsula Heritage School Photo #3 - Our Science Lab offers hands-on opportunities for all of our students to explore and experience the principles of modern science.
Peninsula Heritage School Photo #4 - The Fourth Grade's Family Heritage Celebration enables students to share their family heritage, traditions, and food specialties with classmates and parents.
Peninsula Heritage School Photo #5 - Peninsula Heritage School's playground with the snow-capped San Gabriel Mountains in the background. The park-like setting of our campus makes Peninsula Heritage a unique place to learn and grow.
Peninsula Heritage School Photo #6 - Visitors to Peninsula Heritage School are welcomed to our spacious three-acre campus at the northeast corner of Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road in the City of Rolling Hills Estates, California
- Peninsula Heritage School is nestled on a spacious three-acre campus on the beautiful Palos Verdes Peninsula, which borders the Pacific Ocean south of Los Angeles.
- Our California ranch style buildings provide an idyllic setting for children to enjoy a safe, individual-centered learning community that allows for a memorable childhood.
- Our students are immersed through academics and the arts in small classes and full days, with exceptional teachers who are passionate about educating children.
- As you walk our lovely campus, you will discover a warm and loving school where children and adults are honored and esteemed.
- At PHS we embrace diversity in both learning styles and backgrounds.
- Every student at Peninsula Heritage has the opportunity to reach his/her potential while maintaining a sense of individuality.
- We achieve this through our small class sizes, our specialty teachers, and our enrichment programs for advanced learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jill Smithey|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Art Programs, After School Team Sports, Chess Club, Choir, Kids Club, Music Lessons, Student Council|
- HISTORY Established in 1961 The school's founders began with the concept of opening a school that would support the dignity and worth of each individual. They selected the beautiful, country-like location at Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road in the City of Rolling Hills Estates, CA. A distinctive characteristic of the School has been its loving and positive environment. Visitors to our campus frequently remark, "These students are so happy - and their teachers are too!" Peninsula Heritage School emphasizes the development of the whole child and of ethical character. It promotes acceptance and appreciation of diversity and provides a strong academic program that assesses and supports the individual needs of each child.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Grades: K-12 | 855 students
26800 Academy Drive
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
(310) 377-1543 0.8 K-12
- Rancho Palos Verdes Grades: K-8 | 200 students
5446 Crest Road
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
(310) 377-2800 1.8 K-8
- Redondo Beach Grades: NS-8
525 Earle Lane
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
(310) 798-5181 5.9 NS-8
After having a child at the local public school for several years, and visiting every private school in the area, I chose Peninsula Heritage for both my children and have never looked back. There is no school that I know of that offers all that PHS does: a top notch academic program that is individualized for each child, a creative and innovative P.E. program, spectacular science, computer, library and performing arts programs, and a warm, nurturing and dedicated principal and staff. When you walk on that campus, you and your children will never want to leave!
- Posted by Parent - rmlgb
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.