Top California Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2021 school year, there are 72 top school membership associations in California, serving 2364 private schools (61% of all schools) and 530,296 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) (27% of schools), National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) (22% of schools) and Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) (19% of schools).
Maranatha High School Photo - The first stop on your visit to Maranatha High School's beautiful 9-acre campus is the Student Center which houses the Minuteman Cafe, several classrooms, and administrative offices.
High Bluff Academy Photo - HBA specializes in lab sciences for all levels of students. Our small class sizes and great teachers support and challenge students to accomplish their goals.
Futures Academy - Mission Viejo Photo - At Futures, learn at your pace and on your schedule with one student to one teacher class sizes.
The Harker School Upper School Photo - Harker's Eagle Buddies program matches upper school students with lower school students for three years. The buddies meet 3 times per year for fun and food!
Stratford School - San Francisco Photo - Stratford School - San Francisco offers Kindergarten through Fifth grade. Stratford has 17 campuses in communities throughout the Bay Area. Learn more at www.stratfordschools.com.
Futures Academy - Manhattan Beach Photo - At Futures, learn at your pace and on your schedule with one student to one teacher class sizes.
Futures Academy - Westlake Village Photo - At Futures, learn at your pace and on your schedule with one student to one teacher class sizes.
Top California Private Schools by Membership Association (2021)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 67 Schools3,081 Students51.62% Minority
- 2 Schools260 Students68.66% Minority
- 18 Schools11,718 Students72.22% Minority
- 24 Schools2,899 Students56.45% Minority
- 164 Schools14,087 Students40.68% Minority
- 1 Schools160 Students- Minority
- 24 Schools2,888 Students34.23% Minority
- 15 Schools1,692 Students39.87% Minority
- 438 Schools107,676 Students36.58% Minority
- 16 Schools2,404 Students52.97% Minority
- 13 Schools3,639 Students23.41% Minority
- 2 Schools155 Students61.31% Minority
- 2 Schools491 Students55.91% Minority
- 23 Schools4,894 Students15.64% Minority
- 3 Schools703 Students46.11% Minority
- 5 Schools2,169 Students27.77% Minority
- 171 Schools59,174 Students27.53% Minority
- 22 Schools1,633 Students36.36% Minority
- 3 Schools445 Students50.00% Minority
- 1 Schools66 Students43.59% Minority
- 21 Schools7,755 Students33.05% Minority
- 3 Schools855 Students30.62% Minority
- 14 Schools4,338 Students29.69% Minority
- 24 Schools4,928 Students25.55% Minority
- 25 Schools4,250 Students34.44% Minority
- 4 Schools527 Students20.58% Minority
- 52 Schools7,089 Students61.05% Minority
- 2 Schools748 Students21.82% Minority
- 15 Schools5,672 Students22.55% Minority
- 2 Schools1,046 Students40.49% Minority
- 7 Schools762 Students46.25% Minority
- 11 Schools1,338 Students70.10% Minority
- 8 Schools6,841 Students39.62% Minority
- 4 Schools210 Students28.31% Minority
- 1 Schools362 Students41.36% Minority
- 5 Schools390 Students73.00% Minority
- 1 Schools98 Students66.23% Minority
- 218 Schools27,773 Students39.14% Minority
- 2 Schools889 Students19.65% Minority
- 9 Schools2,545 Students26.42% Minority
- 27 Schools7,029 Students27.49% Minority
- 239 Schools98,254 Students30.02% Minority
- 6 Schools600 Students68.70% Minority
- 3 Schools631 Students46.34% Minority
- 19 Schools1,617 Students52.30% Minority
- 10 Schools2,581 Students59.91% Minority
- 521 Schools170,646 Students56.99% Minority
- 4 Schools219 Students60.28% Minority
- 2 Schools64 Students88.89% Minority
- 2 Schools580 Students72.40% Minority
- 20 Schools5,058 Students40.71% Minority
- 7 Schools1,647 Students22.54% Minority
- 31 Schools4,684 Students40.29% Minority
- 26 Schools6,591 Students40.95% Minority
- 1 Schools595 Students54.52% Minority
- 12 Schools3,193 Students10.39% Minority
- 1 Schools- Students- Minority
- 4 Schools178 Students12.20% Minority
- 2 Schools107 Students58.24% Minority
- 32 Schools3,995 Students33.01% Minority
- 86 Schools6,870 Students39.17% Minority
- 130 Schools28,813 Students42.21% Minority
- 341 Schools73,056 Students46.01% Minority
- 98 Schools18,476 Students37.29% Minority
- 6 Schools1,918 Students18.64% Minority
- 11 Schools1,820 Students31.34% Minority
- 57 Schools20,528 Students30.21% Minority
- 16 Schools5,420 Students36.00% Minority
- 2 Schools550 Students47.24% Minority
- 7 Schools1,335 Students25.52% Minority
- 627 Schools210,717 Students39.62% Minority
- 3 Schools168 Students9.95% Minority
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.