Top California Religiously Affiliated Schools
- For the 2021 school year, there are 1975 top religiously affiliated private schools in California (51% of all schools), serving 445,061 students.
Capistrano Valley Christian Schools Photo - Since 1973, Capistrano Valley Christian Schools has been dedicated to providing a high standard of college preparatory education, set within the framework of Christian instruction and example. We desire to prepare students to be the Christian leaders of tomorrow. Our staff is committed to partnering with an extremely supportive school community to offer a truly unique educational experience.
Maranatha High School Photo - The first stop on your visit to Maranatha High School's beautiful 9-acre campus is the Student Center which houses the Minuteman Cafe, several classrooms, and administrative offices.
Heights Christian Schools - San Juan Capistrano Preschool Photo - Our Staff is made up of educated, Christian, fun, caring and amazing teachers who love what they do!
Incarnation Parish School Photo - We partner with parents to create learning experiences where students will grow in faith, achieve excellence, and thrive in a loving community.
St. Jeanne De Lestonnac School Photo - Saint Jeanne educates students from preschool through high school.
Calvary Christian Academy Photo - CCA is founded on three pillars which are Servant Leadership, Superior Academics, and Simply Jesus.
Top California Private Schools by Religious Affiliation (2021)
- Religious Affiliation# Schools# Students% Minority
- 17 Schools3,093 Students31.38% Minority
- 50 Schools7,541 Students45.35% Minority
- 140 Schools17,732 Students53.24% Minority
- 5 Schools836 Students23.34% Minority
- 11 Schools3,985 Students30.49% Minority
- 521 Schools104,245 Students36.68% Minority
- 10 Schools1,725 Students68.20% Minority
- 4 Schools287 Students37.50% Minority
- 2 Schools80 Students91.49% Minority
- 8 Schools1,765 Students35.84% Minority
- 2 Schools127 Students100.00% Minority
- 37 Schools11,411 Students19.89% Minority
- 28 Schools5,306 Students40.42% Minority
- 6 Schools2,027 Students15.70% Minority
- 4 Schools299 Students18.18% Minority
- 33 Schools4,552 Students61.56% Minority
- 92 Schools17,520 Students6.66% Minority
- 83 Schools15,656 Students40.91% Minority
- 6 Schools580 Students14.62% Minority
- 23 Schools2,043 Students55.84% Minority
- 43 Schools7,504 Students23.37% Minority
- 10 Schools1,475 Students33.49% Minority
- 34 Schools2,227 Students68.82% Minority
- 26 Schools3,168 Students27.80% Minority
- 670 Schools218,477 Students53.68% Minority
- 98 Schools10,561 Students60.21% Minority
- 12 Schools839 Students28.95% Minority
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.