5.00 (3 reviews)
- Campbell Hall is a community of inquiry committed to academic excellence and to the nurturing of decent, loving, and responsible human beings.
- The school provides a climate where the values of community, self-worth, compassion, respect, service, and responsibility are taught as part of the school`s tradition. Campbell Hall embraces the philosophy that the students entrusted to its care are persons of both faith and reason.
- Faculty and staff encourage each student to quest for knowledge and to fit the educational experience into a pattern of faith for daily living. The relationship with the Episcopal Church places Campbell Hall in the Judeo-Christian tradition and imbues the school with a sensitivity to the moral and ethical dimensions of life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1126 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||170 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1280|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||George White|
|Admissions Associate||Rosa Dominguez|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Equestrian, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- With a 72-year history and 1120 students in grades K-12, Campbell Hall is a richly complex and textured community. We are both progressive and traditional, with one of the most innovative schedules in the independent school world and a dynamic, research-based educational program alongside uniforms and weekly chapel. We are affiliated with the Episcopal Church and its five-hundred-year history of academic excellence, and also one of the most religiously (and racially) diverse schools in southern California. Believing both discipline and balance to be crucial in healthy, productive lives, the program provides a vast range of possibilities for intellectual, creative, and athletic pursuits throughout this vibrant 15-acre campus.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Studio City Grades: 7-12 | 1593 students
3700 Coldwater Canyon Avenue
Studio City, CA 91604
(818)980-6692 1.2 7-12
I have two children at the school, 9th and 11th grades. The academic standards are high as are expectations, without it being a high pressure school which burns the students out. I have been very impressed with all the teachers I have met, as I have with other members of staff. I particularly like the culture of "It is cool to be successful", which is perhaps, engendered by the presence of successful parents. Having said that, the school in very inclusive and diverse in its intake, which keeps feet on the ground. My wife and I are extremely pleased with the schooling our children have received to date.
- Posted by Parent - OjaiD
I would like you to wish Julian Bull and his wife Katie Happy Thankagiving from Hardy Fowler, Chairman of Trinity Episcopal School in 1995.
- Posted by Parent - hbfow
My daughter entered Kindergarten at Campbell Hall and is a high school senior. By every measure this school has been fantastic--dedicated teachers, smart and creative friends, challenging academics, and respect for everyone. The new $45 Million Arts & Education Center rivals anything I''ve ever seen on a college campus. I love this place.
- Posted by Parent - bhpie
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.