- Harvard-Westlake is a school whose curriculum and programs create an educational environment designed for students who possess both the motivation and the ability to pursue a rigorous college preparatory course of study.
- The school strives to provide an education that enables and empowers its diverse students to develop their intellectual, spiritual, emotional, and physical gifts; to understand and respect the similarities and differences among themselves and others in their local and world communities; and to learn the habits of mind and self-discipline necessary to live with integrity and purpose as contributing members of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1593 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||230 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||29 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 18|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth Gregory|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 550 students
11350 Palms Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310)391-7127 8.7 7-12
- Santa Monica Grades: K-12 | 1185 students
1714 21st St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310)829-7391 9.4 K-12
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.