- Harvard-Westlake is a school whose curriculum and programs create an educational environment designed for students who possess both the motivation and the ability to pursue a rigorous college preparatory course of study.
- The school strives to provide an education that enables and empowers its diverse students to develop their intellectual, spiritual, emotional, and physical gifts; to understand and respect the similarities and differences among themselves and others in their local and world communities; and to learn the habits of mind and self-discipline necessary to live with integrity and purpose as contributing members of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1593 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||230 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||29 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 18|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth Gregory|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 550 students
11350 Palms Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310)391-7127 8.7 7-12
- Santa Monica Grades: K-12 | 1185 students
1714 21st St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310)829-7391 9.4 K-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.