- Harvard-Westlake is a school whose curriculum and programs create an educational environment designed for students who possess both the motivation and the ability to pursue a rigorous college preparatory course of study.
- The school strives to provide an education that enables and empowers its diverse students to develop their intellectual, spiritual, emotional, and physical gifts; to understand and respect the similarities and differences among themselves and others in their local and world communities; and to learn the habits of mind and self-discipline necessary to live with integrity and purpose as contributing members of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1593 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||230 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||29 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 18|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth Gregory|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Monica Grades: K-12 | 1185 students
1714 21st St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310)829-7391 9.4 K-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 550 students
11350 Palms Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310)391-7127 8.7 7-12
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.