5.00 (2 reviews)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE Brentwood School inspires every student to: Think critically and creatively. Act ethically. Shape a future with meaning.
- CORE VALUES Trust * Respect * Responsibility * Honesty * Caring * Community * Diversity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1145 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||141 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||26 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Comparative Government & Politics, AP Computer Science A, Ap Computer Science Principles, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP French Language, AP Human Geography, AP Latin, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics 1, AP Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP US Government & Politics, AP US History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Neat/appropriate attire required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 6|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$44,085|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition K-5 = $37,275 Tuition 6-12 = $44,085|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Lauren Abell Windom ('01)|
|Admissions Associate||Adrienne Agena|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Drill Team, Equestrian, Fencing, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Drill Team,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
- "Start curious. Stay curious. Go anywhere." These six words drive Brentwood. From the School`s outstanding faculty that fuels the fire of curiosity in our students, to the daily athletic and artistic risk taking and accomplishments that occur on our playing fields, in our studios, and on our stages, to a service learning program that inspires deeper understanding and appreciation of the greater Los Angeles and global communities, Brentwood provides a myriad of opportunities to engage its students. It is this level of engagement that fosters the inspiration and intellectual passion we witness in our students on a daily basis.
- With your first steps on campus you will feel the sense of community and pride that is Brentwood School. Brentwood students are devoted to their school, as are their parents and guardians, who give generously of their time and resources. We are a school that is small enough to build upon individual and collective curiosity, and simultaneously large enough to have breadth and depth of opportunity for all our students.
- Two beautiful campuses, outstanding programs, a dedicated faculty and staff, inspired leadership, engaged students, and committed parents add up to a great school. Our website gives you a taste of all this; I hope it makes you curious enough to schedule a visit to learn more.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Monica Grades: K-12 | 1185 students
1714 21st St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310)829-7391 2.9 K-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 550 students
11350 Palms Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310)391-7127 4.2 7-12
Although I started 7th Grade 27 years ago, my daily life frequently reminds me of the many marvelous teachers I had at Brentwood.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Katherine Kuchenbecker '96
My time at Brentwood has provided me with a strong academic foundation, profound sense of self, endless opportunities, and life-long friendships
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ountae Cambell '15
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.