Saint Sebastian School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (310) 473-3337
- Saint Sebastian School is a private, coeducational, Catholic Preschool, Elementary, and Middle School dedicated to nurturing our students` academic excellence, faith development, and personal growth. Saint Sebastian School is West Los Angeles' Catholic Dual Language Immersion School.
- By learning two languages, our students will also develop communication skills, empathy, cultural understanding, and acceptance in order to change their world for the better.
Saint Sebastian School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$700|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Each session costs $700. Sign up for both and pay $1,300. July 1st-19th and the second session is July 22nd-August 9.|
|Total Students||109 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool: $9,500 (2 year old) $8,500 (3 year old) Dual Language Immersion (TK-5): $7,500 Grades 6-8: $5,700|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Folklorico Dance, Gardening Club, Guitar Lessons, Kawaii Art, Painting, Piano Lessons, Student Council, Yearbook Club
- Saint Sebastian School provides a Catholic Dual Language Immersion education to prepare students for a diverse 21st century. Since 1950, Saint Sebastian School has educated students in preschool, elementary and middle school.
- Dual Language Immersion Program for TK, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade (4th grade in 2019-20)
- Daily Hot Lunch Program
- Before and After School Care (from 7am until 6pm)
- Extensive extracurricular activities such as academic decathlon, athletics, choir, philanthropy, chess and more.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 265 students
755 S Cochran Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 938-9976 6.3 K-8
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 318 students
2911 Overland Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310) 287-3895 2.3 K-8
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 298 students
238 S Manhattan Pl
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(213) 382-7401 8.5 K-8
- Beverly Hills Grades: PK-8 | 250 students
148 South Linden Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310) 275-8601 3 PK-8
Fantastic, private, Catholic school!! Students study 3 languages (Mandarin, Spanish & French) as part of their regular weekly schedule. Diverse student body, rigorous academic curriculum and fun after-school program partnership with the Boys & Girls club of Santa Monica. What's not to LOVE about this school ?
- Posted by Parent - tstoo
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?