New Horizon School Westside
- The New Horizon School Westside mission is to inspire excellence through rigorous academics and the promotion of universal moral values in a progressive Islamic environment.
- We nurture a positive American Muslim identity, a devotion to God, and a strong commitment to family and diversity in a global community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based and Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- New Horizon School Westside aims to prepare its students to effectively deal with the challenges of a modern society. We seek to equip each child spiritually, intellectually, and physically to succeed in today's world. New Horizon students are taught to integrate Qur'anic principles, academic skills, and ethical behavior in order to make a positive contribution to the global community. It is our goal to develop in each student a balanced character enriched with knowlege, inspired to excel, and committed to the betterment of humanity. Toward this end, we offer students all the core academic subjects as well as instruction in Arabic, Qur'anic and Islamic Studies, Physical Education, Computers, Library, Music, and Art.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: K-11 | 38 students
3510 Exposition Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90018
(323)296-5961 6.6 K-11
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-5 | 84 students
434 S Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90020
(213)480-3145 9 NS-5
- Bell Gardens Grades: PK-11 | 161 students
5150 Gage Ave
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
(323)771-9135 16.3 PK-11
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.