New Horizon School Westside
- The New Horizon School Westside mission is to inspire excellence through rigorous academics and the promotion of universal moral values in a progressive Islamic environment.
- We nurture a positive American Muslim identity, a devotion to God, and a strong commitment to family and diversity in a global community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based and Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- New Horizon School Westside aims to prepare its students to effectively deal with the challenges of a modern society. We seek to equip each child spiritually, intellectually, and physically to succeed in today's world. New Horizon students are taught to integrate Qur'anic principles, academic skills, and ethical behavior in order to make a positive contribution to the global community. It is our goal to develop in each student a balanced character enriched with knowlege, inspired to excel, and committed to the betterment of humanity. Toward this end, we offer students all the core academic subjects as well as instruction in Arabic, Qur'anic and Islamic Studies, Physical Education, Computers, Library, Music, and Art.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: K-11 | 38 students
3510 Exposition Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90018
(323)296-5961 6.6 K-11
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-5 | 84 students
434 S Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90020
(213)480-3145 9 NS-5
- Bell Gardens Grades: PK-11 | 161 students
5150 Gage Ave
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
(323)771-9135 16.3 PK-11
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.