New Horizon School Westside
Tel: (310) 231-6092
The New Horizon School Westside mission is to inspire excellence through rigorous academics and the promotion of universal moral values in a progressive Islamic environment.
We nurture a positive American Muslim identity, a devotion to God, and a strong commitment to family and diversity in a global community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based and Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||102 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- New Horizon School Westside aims to prepare its students to effectively deal with the challenges of a modern society. We seek to equip each child spiritually, intellectually, and physically to succeed in today's world. New Horizon students are taught to integrate Qur'anic principles, academic skills, and ethical behavior in order to make a positive contribution to the global community. It is our goal to develop in each student a balanced character enriched with knowlege, inspired to excel, and committed to the betterment of humanity. Toward this end, we offer students all the core academic subjects as well as instruction in Arabic, Qur'anic and Islamic Studies, Physical Education, Computers, Library, Music, and Art.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: K-11 | 38 students
3510 Exposition Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90018
(323) 296-5961 6.6 K-11
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-5 | 90 students
434 S Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90020
(213) 480-3145 9 PK-5
- Bell Gardens Grades: PK-8 | 136 students
5150 Gage Ave
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
(323) 771-9135 16.3 PK-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.