Le Lycee Francais de Los Angeles
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Le Lycee Francais has 6 locations offering a personal experience and an age-appropriate environment for your child`s learning in the West Los Angeles area and Pacific Palisades. TRADITION - INNOVATION - EXCELLENCE for over 5 decades. An engaging, international journey from Preschool to 12th grade. Combining the best of the American and French educational systems.
- Academic rigor is blended with a multi-lingual and motivational environment to form tomorrow`s global citizens.
- LYCEELA`s co-curricular activities challenge students` personal, social and physical development and encourage a greater passion for learning.
- Opportunities range from the arts to sports, to outreach and service work.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||835 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP BIOLOGY, AP CALCULUS AB, AP CALCULUS BC, AP CAPSTONE: Research, AP CAPSTONE: Seminar, AP Chinese Language & Culture, AP ENGLISH LANGUAGE, AP ENGLISH LITERATURE, AP FRENCH LANGUAGE, AP GERMAN LANGUAGE & CULTURE, AP HUMAN GEOGRAPHY, AP LATIN, AP MACROECONOMICS, AP MICROECONOMICS, AP PHYSICS C: MECHANICS, AP SPANISH, AP STATISTICS, AP STUDIO ART: 2D DESIGN, AP STUDIO ART: 3D DESIGN, AP STUDIO ART: DRAWING, AP US GOVERNMENT, AP US HISTORY,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website at: http://www.lyceela.org/admissions/tuition/index.aspx|
|Admissions Director||Sophie Darmon|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Fencing, Martial Arts, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Fencing,|
Martial Arts, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Applied Sciences Club, Book Club, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Coding Club, Debate Club, Digital Photography, Global Outreach, Mandarin Chinese, Model UN, Newspaper Club, Spanish Club, Stem Club, Student Council, Study Hall
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Choir, Drama Club, Mural Painting, Piano Lessons, Rock Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Ballet/Jazz Dance, Fencing, Golf Club, Karate, Soccer, Swimming Lessons, Tennis Lessons
- As a Californian non-profit corporation in the West Los Angeles area, Le Lycee is proud of its strong French roots, but it is truly an international school representing two strong educational philosophies, the French school system and the American school system. No knowledge of French is necessary to attend. Le Lyc''e opens it arms to all serious students who are interested in a traditional education in an international environment. Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles school provide each child with the ability to learn, to think and to make decisions based on a sound foundation of logic, knowledge and character. In this ever shrinking world, they saw the advantage of teaching children within a microcosm of the worldwide community. They understood the value of a French School Education adapted for a modern world. They viewed the children as not just students to process through an educational system, but as whole people in need of a life of purpose and meaning.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 533 students
250 S Rossmore Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323)935-1147 5.8 7-12
- Los Angeles Grades: K-12 | 35 students
P O Box 73534
Los Angeles, CA 90003
(323)304-1891 9.9 K-12
I had a wonderful experience at Lycee.I am very happy we made that choice from kindergarden to High school My son grew up in a very international environment whre the world at large was the backdrop of his education The opportunity not only to study languages but cultures including latin ang greek was the key to his open mind.M.me Kabbaz knows every child by first name and keeps an eye on each of them and they grow up in a safe environment . Safe from crazy drugs VIP clubs and bullying or any kind of sexual pressure Working ethics and understanding of work flow and strong academic commitments are the basic tools my son was able to use very successfully overcome the extremely challenging transition to a big college. Adding languages and international upbringing of course gave him an extra gear. Lycee was my partner in raising my son and I am forever grateful to this wonderful school and its founders
- Posted by Parent - Elisa
Diverse, international community. Professional theatre - Theatre Raymond Kabbaz. (Wonderful shows for the school and outside community on Pico) Caring, nurturing environment-my kids feel like they are part of the Lycee family - not just a number. High academic standards and great soccer team.
- Posted by Parent - Great Mom
I love my school. So many kids from all over the world. Great soccer team. I'm learning French, Latin and Mandarin. I really like my Environmental Studies class and the Coding club.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Lili
I really find that the students are very kind and respectful. After teaching in many different private schools on both American coasts, this has been a highlight for me. I attribute this to the civics and citizenship curriculum, and overall atmosphere. Furthermore, the children blend together quite well in this nurturing community. From what I see and experience, students love the cultural and learning opportunities offered to them. The bilingual education keeps them on their toes, building their confidence in learning, and social connections. I also have observed that the bilingual education sharpens their language, writing and speaking skills.The beautiful fig tree, from over a hundred years ago, gives a canopy and center point to the campus, as children run and play around it. Many smiles and laughter at the Le Lyce. Drama is also taught in class, and theater productions in grade 4 and 5 draw a large lively cast. Physical education takes place on campus with sports complex and swimming pool. The elementary campus is one integral step of the K-12 experience, giving students a chance to develop on many different campuses. This is key, since the rewards standout through their commitments. Le Lyce Franais de Los Angeles is the only school to offer the high school students the AP Capstone, Classic Baccalaureate the BAC, the Franco-American Baccalaureate, the FAB.
- Posted by Teacher - Teacher
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.