Brighton Hall School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Brighon Hall is a unique, WASC-accredited and NAIS private school, founded in 1961 and designed for young professionals in entertainment and sports industries to experience social and close-knit community fulfillment while enrolled in a school that is flexible and sensitive to the rigors of their careers.
- Classes for grades 2-12. BH curriculum is UC-Certified and meets California state A-G graduation requirements.
- We offer college and transitional planning. Most of our students go on to four-year universities such as UCLA, USC, LMU, Occidental, Pepperdine, NYU, UC Berkeley and Boston University.
- Within our shortened school day, we ensure that our students achieve a fundamental scope and sequence for college readiness.
- Our teachers organize activities that take students beyone the classroom, such as field trips, Spirit Week and our annual science fair.
Brighton Hall School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP English Composition, AP English Literature, AP Human Geography, AP U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1300|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,125|
|Tuition Notes||Elementary and Middle School tuition is less|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Angie Peiris|
|Admissions Associate||Melonie Magruder|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Baking Club, Chess Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art & Design, Band, Screenwriting
- Flexible Class Schedule
- Student Council
- Fun events: Halloween Dance, Holiday Party, Valentine's Dance, Prom etc
- Spring Performers' Showcase and more...
- Formal Graduation
- Field Trips
- People that viewed Brighton Hall School also viewed these schools: Flintridge Preparatory School, Kids World School, Inc & Cornerstone Academy Of L., Laurel Hall School, The Buckley School and Delphi Academy Of Los Angeles.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Canada Flintridge Grades: 7-12 | 507 students
4543 Crown Ave
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
(818)790-1178 9.5 7-12
- Los Angeles Grades: K-12 | 76 students
2132 Hyperion Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323)663-4703 6.1 K-12
I'll never forget the memories I made here. Brighton Hall is a wonderful school with an impeccable and competent staff. With a rich educational curriculum and a supportive student body, there is no chance of failure at this school. I'm forever grateful for the connections I've made throughout the years.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Daniel
My son came to Brighton Hall with zero self confidence towards his academic abilities. The teachers and staff recognized that he needed to feel safe and welcomed in order for him to relax and engage in his learning. It's like a family. The older kids are kind to the younger and set good examples. I've been impressed at how smoothly everything runs. So much so that it's almost transparent. The office staff always greets with a smile and sincerely seem to enjoy their time there. That carries over into the "relaxed and happy" vibe of the school overall. They accepted my son with "not so good transcripts" from his previous school and in a few short months he is engaged and happy to go to school, and he's getting back on course academically. They have done what others said couldn't. Grateful we made the decision to give Brighton Hall a chance and looking forward to a brighter future because of it.
- Posted by Parent - Sherill Watts
best school in the world love Annie Leblanc
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Annie
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.