Delphi Academy Of Los Angeles
- Located on a beautiful 8-acre campus surrounded by equestrian trails in Lake View Terrace, Delphi Academy has been helping children to become motivated, industrious students since 1984. There is no memorization of facts at Delphi, but rather students study for understanding, application and 100% mastery.
- To this end, demonstration and practical application of ideas and concepts can be found throughout the program.
- The goal is to attain a high standard of competence in each subject, building a firm foundation for study at higher levels.
- Literacy is emphasized at Delphi because it is the key to broad understanding of concepts and cultures.
- A step-by-step pathway to full comprehension combined with a high-volume, rich literature program results in highly literate, competent students who can meet the demands of college requirements without difficulty.
- Mutual respect and communication between students, teachers and parents is encouraged so that students can thrive in a supportive, caring community of peers and adults.
- Leadership skills, community service, and personal integrity are developed as essential parts of our curriculum.
- With a comprehensive curriculum of over 300 courses, state-of-the-art facilities and a professional and experienced faculty, Delphi Academy is truly a 21st century school.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||224 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Conservative dress code enforced)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,650|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on grade level, ranging from $900-1,650 per month. Qualifying families may apply for limited financial aid.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joan Roeschke|
|Admissions Associate||Gwendoline Snyers|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||computer, dance, martial arts, newspaper, photography, robotics, tutoring center, video editing|
Club or Organization:
community projects, Student Government, yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
art, crafts, drama, music, piano lessons
- Small Class Sizes
- Good Balance of Academics & Extracurricular Activities
- Individual Attention
- Caring, Dedicated Teachers
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sherman OaksGrades: K-12 | 830 students
3900 Stansbury Avenue
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
- Studio CityGrades: 4-12 | 184 students
3921 Laurel Canyon Blvd.
Studio City, CA 91604
- Santa MonicaGrades: K-8 | 49 students
1220 20th St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
- DowneyGrades: NS-12 | 797 students
12808 Woodruff Avenue
Downey, CA 90242
- Los AngelesGrades: NS-12 | 399 students
540 S Commonwealth Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90020
Our twin sons started at Delphi just before they turned 2. I was nervous about finding the right place for them, as they`re my first babies and like any mom, I wanted to make sure they`d be happy. They`ve been there now for almost six months, and they love it. So do we! There is time for naps, lots of time for play, snacks and lunch. They fit it all in, and during "summer camp" they do the coolest things! Music classes, cooking classes, and they have days with water play too. I love the Delphi family; the teachers are amazing and so good with my boys. I feel comfortable having them there and I know it`s a good place for them.
- Posted by Parent - Megan M
There is no other school like it! Both my husband and I are Delphi LA grads and proud to send both our kids to Delphi starting as soon as they were school age (now high school and 2nd grade). The curriculum designed for the students to actually apply what they learn and the absolutely incredible dedicated staff are world-class. My 7-year old is a reading addict, having read more than 200 books this year, and my 13-year old is a straight A student, and a year ahead for high school graduation. Thank you for making this incredible school available to us!
- Posted by Parent - Calyn R.
I could not be happier with the education and care my children are experiencing at Delphi. My daughter is currently in the preschool and my son is in first grade. Both are flourishing, and I am so happy that they are in a safe environment that fosters their love of life and learning. I feel like the teachers and administrative staff at Delphi truly believe in supporting students and lifting them up to the best they can be, as opposed to trying to control them or make them "behave." With young children like mine, this is a challenge, but their teachers handle it beautifully. Thanks, Delphi!
- Posted by Parent - Terra R.