Highland Hall Waldorf School
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 214 students
- Yearly Tuition: $19,605
- Acceptance rate: 48%
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
- Located on a beautiful 11-acre campus in Northridge, California, Highland Hall is an independent co-educational school serving children from nursery through grade twelve. Established in 1955, our school is the first Waldorf school in the western United States and is one of approximately 1000 Waldorf schools worldwide.
- Highland Hall offers a balanced, comprehensive curriculum that weaves academics with the arts to inspire our students to become passionate learners. Blending the humanities and sciences with music, foreign languages, practical arts and movement, each year`s curriculum is designed to successfully engage the children at every developmental stage. The Waldorf curriculum moves from imagination and movement in early childhood through increasingly academic and artistically created lessons in the lower school, then on to intellectually challenging lessons in the high school. Our students are provided with a solid academic foundation and the ability to think creatively, ask questions and explore answers in a broad, interdisciplinary way.
- Our experienced faculty and staff are committed to educational excellence in a school environment that respects cultural diversity and individual differences. Our curriculum is college preparatory, and our graduates are accepted in many of the finest colleges and universities. Studies at Highland Hall cultivate a reverence for the earth and respect for its people. Highland Hall prepares our graduates to be flexible, creative problem solvers able to communicate effectively and ready to make a difference in the world. Highland Hall Waldorf School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the Association of Waldorf Schools in North America.
Endorse Highland Hall Waldorf School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards