Art Of Learning Academy
- The Art of Learning is not an ordinary private school.
- It grew out of a unique partnership between an educational therapist, an artist, dedicated teachers, students who want to learn, and parents who dared to believe that learning differences could be surmounted in an atmosphere of care and individualized attention to their children.
- The Art of Learning Academy accepts students who do not do well in traditional school environments, large environments, and large classrooms.
- We meet in the cozy home environment of an ample house in Northridge that has a lovely garden and pool.
- We also have a 1200 square-foot, on-site, fully equipped art studio, where students who love art can learn to work with innumerable materials and tools.
- Ours is a small school of warmth and intimacy in which the learning experience takes place either one-on-one or in small groups with less than ten students per teacher and a paraprofessional aide.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia Language-based or Mild Learning Differences):|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Northridge Grades: 2-12 | 26 students
20040 Parthenia St
Northridge, CA 91324
(818)882-0200 3.6 2-12
- Northridge Grades: 6-12 | 83 students
8756 Canby Ave
Northridge, CA 91325
(818)993-3800 1.8 6-12
- Northridge Grades: 6-12 | 84 students
9650 Zelzah Ave
Northridge, CA 91325
(818)739-5231 0.8 6-12
- North Hollywood Grades: 7-12 | 69 students
10526 Dubnoff Way
North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818)755-4950 9.4 7-12
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.