5.00 (8 reviews)
- Casa Montessori, Inc., a non-profit, non-sectarian, California corporation was founded in 1971 by Mrs. Sakura M. Long and three other directors.
- Children learn concentration, order, and skills adapted to our culture by practical life activities.
- They increase the activity of their senses through the sensorial materials.
- The Montessori school is designed to accommodate the developmental stages of children which occur in three year cycles.
- Therefore, we are ungraded. These mixed age groupings of children stay together for blocks of time in the same room.
- All materials show the theories in concrete form, and help to lead into the abstract.
- The subjects are learned by an integrated curriculum. The strategy of Montessori education is to develop the whole child through "whole views," because all knowledge is interrelated.
- The school fosters the child's sense of independence and responsibility.
- He develops his own discipline which Monetssori described as follows: "We call an individual disciplined when he is master of himself, and can, therefore, regulate his own conduct".
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Chess, Dance & Gymnastics, Mad Science, Soccer
Arts and Music Programs:
Computer Program, Guitar, Orff Music Program, Piano, Spanish Language, Visual & Creative Art Classes
- People that viewed Casa Montessori also viewed these schools: Northpoint School & Intensive Outpatient Program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Northridge Grades: 6-12 | 84 students
9650 Zelzah Ave
Northridge, CA 91325
(818)739-5231 0.4 6-12
My child has excelled greatly in the past year. She is starting to read at age 3 as a result of the montessori method and her wonderful teachers! I would love to see this underrated, reasonably priced school grow and flourish. You can't beat it for the the price and most of all the result! I will send all of my children here for as long as I can afford it. It is the only Montessori that offers an Elementary program in the San Fernando Valley that I know of.
- Posted by Parent - ija27
I just enrolled my second child because I''m so happy with the progress my daughter made here. I love the greenery of the campus and the pleasant personalities of all of the teachers.
- Posted by Parent - charl
This can be a great school once again if more people will enroll. We once had 125 elementary students but enrollment has dropped to around 16 elementary students. We need more elementary students to get involved in extracurricular activities.
- Posted by Parent - gerha
This school needs to grow a little more. Right now there are only about 16 students left in the entire elementary school. Other than that it is okay.
- Posted by Parent - trw53
I would like to see the school grow more. The preschool is fine, but the elementary school is under-enrolled with only 2 or 3 kids per age group after kindergarten.
- Posted by Parent - harma
My child has been attending casa Montessori for 3 yrs and we are very happy with academics and extra curricular activities the schools offers . The opportunity for kids to learn and to grow on their own with their own peer group
- Posted by Parent - Kochj
Kids are well taught to obey authority and follow directions. Kids sit in assigned seats and must do what the teacher tells them to do without talking to classmates or moving around.
- Posted by Parent - johnt
I highly recommend you come take a tour of this wonderful school, My children have been attending Casa Montessori for past few years, one is now in Elementary. I am always amazed at the level of critical thinking skills, and knowledge they have gained threw their Montessori education. The children are actually excited about school, and what they are going to learn and projects they plan to do with their classmates. Because of the small class size they are afforded a genuine, one on one Montessori experience. I absolutely give this school 5 stars, all the teachers are very dedicated to their students!
- Posted by Parent - smuzi
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.