Valley Waldorf City School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (818) 776-0011
Valley Waldorf City School Photo #2 - A grades student enjoys nature during a field trip with his class teacher in 2019.
Valley Waldorf City School joins with all who work towards creating a truly human world.
We believe education is a source of social change, awakening children to their higher capacities of thinking, feeling, and willing.
We are committed to an education that reaches beyond content to freeing the human spirit and engendering enthusiasm for life and service to the world.
We provide affordable, accessible Waldorf education for families located in the San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas.
|School Type||Waldorf School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Langugage-based; Mild Learning Differences; Autism Spectrum Disorder and more...|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No adverts or TV characters on Clothing)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,380|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance (TA) is available for all grades enrollments for qualifying applicants. Early Childhood tuition is lower than grades tuition. Please view https://www.valleywaldorfcityschool.org/tuition for more details or contact our school at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Frédérique Braunstein|
|Admissions Associate||Martine Sesma|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Dance Classes, Recorder Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- At The Valley Waldorf City School, we recognize the need for an enlivened and creative approach to education specific to our times. Using a curriculum inspired by Waldorf pedagogy we believe in Waldorf education as an art form, and we strive for it to be a focal point for cultural events and work thoroughly to participate in the dynamic process of community building. Our community is dedicated to bringing opportunities in education for children and families in the Los Angeles area.
- The Valley Waldorf City School is a diverse and international community of families from a broad range of cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds. The neighborhood of the school reflects this diverse, multicultural heritage and the history of the Los Angeles urban landscape.
- Whether in person or our Beyond the Classroom program, our students delve into core academic subjects in imaginative and experiential lessons with their main class teacher as well as classes from specialist teachers in areas such as music, foreign language, hard and soft crafts (sewing, knitting, crochet, woodwork) and games (physical education). Teachers work with main lesson blocks, focusing immersively on a subject such as Language Arts, Science, Mathematics, or History for a period of 3-5 weeks at a time.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Van Nuys Grades: 7-12 | 12 students
14530 Sylvan St
Van Nuys, CA 91411
(818) 909-5265 3.8 7-12
- Northridge Grades: 6-12 | 20 students
9535 Aldea Avenue
Northridge, CA 91325
(818) 701-7675 3.1 6-12
- Northridge Grades: 6-12 | 83 students
8756 Canby Ave
Northridge, CA 91325
(818) 993-3800 2.4 6-12
- Tarzana Grades: PK-1 | 168 students
5901 Lindley Ave
Tarzana, CA 91356
(818) 343-4600 1.8 PK-1
My son attended VWCS from grades 1-4. He thrived in their classrooms and with their low student:teacher ratio and hands-on, highly engaging education style. We recently moved out of state, but had we stayed in the area, he would still be a student here! We love VWCS.
- Posted by Parent - Martha S.
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.