5.00 (1 review)
- Pilgrim School, a division of the First Congregational Church of Los Angeles, is an ethnically and culturally diverse, co-educational day school for students preschool through the twelfth grade.
- The school’s mission is to provide a superior interdisciplinary education, designed to enable students to attain the skills necessary to become self-sufficient, creative and independent thinkers, as well as responsible, ethical and socially conscious citizens.
- Pilgrim School offers a traditional college preparatory curriculum, emphasizing the mastery of fundamental skills and critical thinking at all levels, from preschool through high school.
- Small classes ensure that all students receive extensive personal attention from their teachers, encouraging the development of each student’s unique abilities.
- Pilgrim also provides all of its students, not just the most gifted, with the opportunity to participate in sports, the arts, and a wide array of extracurricular activities.
- Through exposure to the Judeo-Christian tradition, students realize the blessings of faith and hope, without imposing religious uniformity.
- By welcoming, honoring, and recognizing the contributions of students of all religious, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds we inspire students to be respectful, ethical, and contributing members of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||399 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Admissions Director||Patricia Kong|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 1026 students
100 South Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
- Santa MonicaGrades: K-12 | 1159 students
1714 21st St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
- Los AngelesGrades: 7-12 | 535 students
250 S Rossmore Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90004
- Sherman OaksGrades: K-12 | 830 students
3900 Stansbury Avenue
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
- Los AngelesGrades: 7-12 | 550 students
11350 Palms Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Hi I am an alumni of pilgrim school. I attended in 1976-1978. My second grade teacher was mrs grigsby and my third grade teacher was mrs Klein. I remember them very well. Although I attended for two years I must say they were the best times I had in elementary school. I would love to hear from my old classmates. Sincerely Scheherazade aresh
- Posted by Student/Alumni - surin
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.