- Pilgrim School, a division of the First Congregational Church of Los Angeles, is an ethnically and culturally diverse, co-educational day school for students preschool through the twelfth grade.
- The school’s mission is to provide a superior interdisciplinary education, designed to enable students to attain the skills necessary to become self-sufficient, creative and independent thinkers, as well as responsible, ethical and socially conscious citizens.
- Pilgrim School offers a traditional college preparatory curriculum, emphasizing the mastery of fundamental skills and critical thinking at all levels, from preschool through high school.
- Small classes ensure that all students receive extensive personal attention from their teachers, encouraging the development of each student’s unique abilities.
- Pilgrim also provides all of its students, not just the most gifted, with the opportunity to participate in sports, the arts, and a wide array of extracurricular activities.
- Through exposure to the Judeo-Christian tradition, students realize the blessings of faith and hope, without imposing religious uniformity.
- By welcoming, honoring, and recognizing the contributions of students of all religious, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds we inspire students to be respectful, ethical, and contributing members of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||399 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Admissions Director||Patricia Kong|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 995 students
100 South Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Santa MonicaGrades: K-12 | 1159 students
1714 21st St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Los AngelesGrades: 7-12 | 535 students
250 S Rossmore Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Sherman OaksGrades: K-12 | 830 students
3900 Stansbury Avenue
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
Los AngelesGrades: 7-12 | 550 students
11350 Palms Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Hi I am an alumni of pilgrim school. I attended in 1976-1978. My second grade teacher was mrs grigsby and my third grade teacher was mrs Klein. I remember them very well. Although I attended for two years I must say they were the best times I had in elementary school. I would love to hear from my old classmates. Sincerely Scheherazade aresh
- Posted by Student/Alumni - surin