5.00 (3 reviews)
- Pilgrim School, a division of the First Congregational Church of Los Angeles, is an ethnically and culturally diverse, co-educational day school for students preschool through the twelfth grade.
- The school’s mission is to provide a superior interdisciplinary education, designed to enable students to attain the skills necessary to become self-sufficient, creative and independent thinkers, as well as responsible, ethical and socially conscious citizens.
- Pilgrim School offers a traditional college preparatory curriculum, emphasizing the mastery of fundamental skills and critical thinking at all levels, from preschool through high school.
- Small classes ensure that all students receive extensive personal attention from their teachers, encouraging the development of each student’s unique abilities.
- Pilgrim also provides all of its students, not just the most gifted, with the opportunity to participate in sports, the arts, and a wide array of extracurricular activities.
- Through exposure to the Judeo-Christian tradition, students realize the blessings of faith and hope, without imposing religious uniformity.
- By welcoming, honoring, and recognizing the contributions of students of all religious, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds we inspire students to be respectful, ethical, and contributing members of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||427 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Admissions Director||Patricia Kong|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Monica Grades: K-12 | 1185 students
1714 21st St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310)829-7391 11.1 K-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 533 students
250 S Rossmore Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323)935-1147 2.4 7-12
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-3 | 175 students
565 N. Larchmont Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323)463-5118 2.5 PK-3
Our son attends the early ed program and we love the school. Great facilities, great teachers, very diverse class, very normalParents (for LA!).
- Posted by Parent - Olivia
Pilgrim has been a wonderful place for our sons. They are excelling academically, enjoying the sports program as well as the extracurricular activities (such as ASB and engineering) and building strong friendships. The faculty, administrators and coaches all work to create a supportive environment that is both kind and firm. My children have wonderful mentors at Pilgrim - they are ethical young men, as well as scholars and athletes. Thank you, Pilgrim!
- Posted by Parent - Susanne H
Hi I am an alumni of pilgrim school. I attended in 1976-1978. My second grade teacher was mrs grigsby and my third grade teacher was mrs Klein. I remember them very well. Although I attended for two years I must say they were the best times I had in elementary school. I would love to hear from my old classmates. Sincerely Scheherazade aresh
- Posted by Student/Alumni - surin
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.