New Covenant Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- NCA is a WASC Accredited, IB World School in the heart of Koreantown in Los Angeles.
- The school balalnces high academic achievement results and solid Christian education.
- New Covenant Academy is an affordable Christian school. NCA provides scholarships and financial aid to qualified students and families. Located in the heart of Koreatown, near Vermont and Wilshire, NCA is a clean and safe campus for its students. NCA's s teachers are qualified and effective instructors.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Computer Science A, English Language and Composition, English Literature & Composition, Environmental Science, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Psychology, Statistics, US Government & Politics, US History|
|Average SAT score||1350|
|Average ACT score||32|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,090|
|Tuition Notes||varies according to grade level; financial aid and scholarships available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Kara Kim-Song|
|Admissions Associate||Mr. Michael Song|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Children's Music, Chinese Club, Computer Programming, Cooking, Digital Photography, Handbell Choir, Key Club, Lacrosse, Math Club, Public Speaking, Yearbook & Photography Chinese Club, Cooking, Handbell Choir, Key Club, Lacrosse, Math Club, Children's Music,|
Yearbook & Photography,
- New Covenant Academy (NCA) is a private, non-profit, college-prep school that was established in 1999 in the urban center of Los Angeles. NCA`s mission statement is to "educate, equip, and enable the Christian leaders of tomorrow" by providing high quality college prep instruction, spiritual guidance, mentoring support, and family-strengthening counseling programs. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, gender, religion, or income.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los AngelesGrades: NS-6 | 368 students
625 S. St. Andrews Place
Los Angeles, CA 90005
- Los AngelesGrades: PK-6 | 531 students
563 N Alfred St
Los Angeles, CA 90048
- Beverly HillsGrades: PK-8 | 195 students
148 South Linden Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
- Los AngelesGrades: K-8 | 276 students
2911 Overland Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90064
We are looking for Christian school in LA for few months for my son's elementary school. We are deeply thankful to find NCA . My son loves school. All teachers are great and dedicated to students. NCA is small school so it feels like family. NCA is best school if you want your child to be Christian leader. We love this school and we also want to send our daughter next year.
- Posted by Parent - David Yoon
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.