New Covenant Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
- New Covenant Academy is a K-12 college prep school located in the heart of Koreatown, Los Angeles.
- Since 1999, NCA has been providing high quality Christian education to its students.
- Our motto, "Educate, Enable, and Equip the Christian Leaders of Tomorrow" captures the vision and mission of NCA. NCA is WASC accredited (Western Association of Schools and Colleges), and is a member school of CAPSO (California Association of Private School Organizations) and ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International).
- NCA offers the IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma Program to 11th and 12th graders.
New Covenant Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- SAT Score Highest average SAT score
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||An 8 week Summer School is provided for free to all enrolled students!|
|Total Students||170 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Computer Science A, English Language and Composition, English Literature & Composition, Environmental Science, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Psychology, Statistics, US Government & Politics, US History|
|Average SAT score||1390|
|Average ACT score||33|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,390|
|Tuition Notes||Varies according to grade level; Financial Aid and Scholarships available|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Kara Kim-Song|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Allison Lee|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts & Crafts, Book Club, Chess & Gaming, Creative Writing, Current Events, Honor Council, HS ASB, Math Club, Model UN, MS ASB, Praise Team, Prayer Club, Public Speaking, Robotics, Spelling Bee, STEM Club, Student Life Film Crew, Work-Out Club, Yearbook & Photography
Arts and Music Programs:
Children's Music, Choir, Handbell Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- New Covenant Academy is a private, non-profit, college prep school established in 1999 in the urban center of Los Angeles. NCA provides high quality college prep instruction, spiritual guidance, mentoring support, and family-strengthening counseling programs. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, gender, religion, or income.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-6 | 532 students
563 N Alfred St
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(323)651-0707 5.1 NS-6
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 288 students
2911 Overland Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310)287-3895 7.7 K-8
- Beverly Hills Grades: PK-8 | 195 students
148 South Linden Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310)275-8601 6.8 PK-8
We researched a bunch of schools in our neighborhood and decided to send our child to NCA and couldn't be more pleased. The teachers are amazing and our daughter loves going to school each day. It is great academically and the school arranges social events throughout the year. It also teaches core values to the kids. Highly recommend the school.
- Posted by Parent - Andrew Lewis
I've had two of my children attend NCA and graduate. Teachers are skilled, caring, and effective. Administration is incredibly supportive of students and families. NCA is a solid Christian school, highly academic, and adding more extracurricular activities each year. The school just keeps on getting better each year. The tuition is one of the lowest in the city, but the achievement scores are one of the best in the state/nation! Wow. I really appreciated its founders, Dr. and Mrs. Song, for creating a school like this. I highly recommend NCA to all parents looking for the very best for their child(ren).
- Posted by Parent - D S
We are looking for Christian school in LA for few months for my son's elementary school. We are deeply thankful to find NCA . My son loves school. All teachers are great and dedicated to students. NCA is small school so it feels like family. NCA is best school if you want your child to be Christian leader. We love this school and we also want to send our daughter next year.
- Posted by Parent - David Yoon
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.