New Covenant Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- New Covenant Academy is a K-12 college prep school located in the heart of Koreatown, Los Angeles.
- Since 1999, NCA has been providing high quality Christian education to its students.
- Our motto, "Educate, Enable, and Equip the Christian Leaders of Tomorrow" captures the vision and mission of NCA. NCA is WASC accredited (Western Association of Schools and Colleges), and is a member school of CAPSO (California Association of Private School Organizations) and ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International).
- NCA offers the IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma Program to 11th and 12th graders.
New Covenant Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- SAT Score Highest average SAT score
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Diversity Highest percentage of students of color
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||An 8 week Summer School is provided for free to all enrolled students!|
|Total Students||170 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Computer Science A, English Language and Composition, English Literature & Composition, Environmental Science, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Psychology, Statistics, US Government & Politics, US History|
|Average SAT score||1390|
|Average ACT score||33|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,390|
|Tuition Notes||Varies according to grade level; Financial Aid and Scholarships available|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Kara Kim-Song|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Allison Lee|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts & Crafts, Book Club, Chess & Gaming, Creative Writing, Current Events, Honor Council, HS ASB, Math Club, Model UN, MS ASB, Praise Team, Prayer Club, Public Speaking, Robotics, Spelling Bee, STEM Club, Student Life Film Crew, Work-Out Club, Yearbook & Photography
Arts and Music Programs:
Children's Music, Choir, Handbell Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- New Covenant Academy is a private, non-profit, college prep school established in 1999 in the urban center of Los Angeles. NCA provides high quality college prep instruction, spiritual guidance, mentoring support, and family-strengthening counseling programs. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, gender, religion, or income.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-6 | 532 students
563 N Alfred St
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(323)651-0707 5.1 NS-6
- Beverly Hills Grades: PK-8 | 195 students
148 South Linden Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310)275-8601 6.8 PK-8
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 288 students
2911 Overland Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310)287-3895 7.7 K-8
We are looking for Christian school in LA for few months for my son's elementary school. We are deeply thankful to find NCA . My son loves school. All teachers are great and dedicated to students. NCA is small school so it feels like family. NCA is best school if you want your child to be Christian leader. We love this school and we also want to send our daughter next year.
- Posted by Parent - David Yoon
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
What are the benefits specific to students in attending private school?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.