- Crossroads School came into being in 1971 to provide a new approach to education.
- It was founded by a small group of educators and parents, led by co-founders Dr. Paul Cummins and Dr. Rhoda Makoff, whose goal was to provide a diverse student body a coeducational college preparatory education combining academic excellence with a comprehensive fine and performing arts program, community service, athletic challenge, and environmental education.
- Crossroad is a distinctly progressive school offering an intellectually demanding and creative curriculum within a supportive, personal environment that has at its base the notion of safety, equity, and inclusion for all.
- Crossroads strives to help each student develop a personal commitment to learning, a respect for independent thinking, a sense of social commitment, an appreciation of the valuable traditions of the past, and a concern for the future.
- Crossroads students are provided a spectrum of program opportunities including visual arts, literature, language, music, math, drama, history, science, dance, athletics, computer science, community service, and environmental/experiential education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1159 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||134 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 995 students
100 South Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Santa MonicaGrades: K-12 | 650 students
3131 Olympic Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Los AngelesGrades: 7-12 | 550 students
11350 Palms Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 724 students
12201 Washington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Studio CityGrades: 7-12 | 1593 students
3700 Coldwater Canyon Avenue
Studio City, CA 91604
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.