Wildwood School K-12
- Wildwood School is a K-12, co-educational, independent college preparatory day school located in West Los Angeles providing an education based on progressive principles.
- It serves a diverse student body and seeks to develop students who are critical thinkers, skillful collaborators, and compassionate leaders who are empowered to make a difference in their world.
- The elementary campus (grades K-5) is located at 12201 Washington Pl., LA, 90066.
- The elementary phone number is 310-397-3134. The middle and upper school campus (grades 6-12) is located at 11811 Olympic Blvd., LA, 90064. The phone number is 310-478-7189.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||725 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||94 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Algebra, Algebra, Algebra II, American Studies, Biology, British Literature, Calculus-based Physics, Chemistry, Contemporary World Literature, Environmental Science, Geometry, Human Rights, Modern U.S. History, Physics, Pre-Calculus, Spanish (4-years available with Honors available in all), Statistics, Western Civilization,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Oct. 29 / Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$24,025 for K-5; $29,975 for grades 6-12|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Chantelle Pierre|
|Admissions Associate||Jo Chapman|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Equestrian,
Flag Football, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Climbing, Cycling, Film, Human, International, Knitting, Math, NewsMagazine, Peer, Photography, SAGA, School, Sci-Fi, Student, Yearbook|
- Elementary program:
- Our elementary classes offer a balanced program that meets individual and group learning needs.
- Field trips and service learning are woven into the core curriculum.
- We offer a daily After Care program and After School Enrichment classes.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade are combined in multi-age classes that Wildwood calls "Pods."
- Grades 2 through 5 are not multi-aged.
- League sports begin in 5th grade.
- Middle school program:
- Wildwood School's middle school program advances students' academic, social, and emotional growth.
- Small class sizes create a comfortable, safe space where students can explore their own identities and try out ideas.
- Teachers and staff serve as role models, and advisors provide a critical link between school and home.
- A program of core academics is enhanced with an emphasis on the development of organizational and study skills to prepare students for upper school grades.
- In middle and upper school, Wildwood Wolves compete in CIF league athletics, fielding several sports teams each season.
- Upper school program:
- Honors classes are available in 17 subjects.
- Juniors and seniors can take yearlong electives.
- Juniors and seniors participate in a robust 2-year internship program.
- The Wildwood Institute for STEM Research and Development (WISRD) offers a multi-year program in addition to core academics for students who want to study science, math, physics, and engineering in depth; connections with Cal Tech, JPL, NASA, and a host of mentors from the scientific community work with students throughout the year--including summer opportunities.
- Wildwood uses narrative assessments and student-led family conferences to track student progress and set goals.
- Our college counseling program has one of the lowest ratios of counselor to student: 25-to-1.
- Wildwood uses Naviance, an online college application program, to help students and families manage the college application process.
- Wildwood's advisory program is nationally recognized and taught internationally through the Wildwood Outreach Center.
- Students can find their unique passion through offerings in athletics, drama, visual arts, music, and leadership opportunities.
- Additionally, students can travel across the globe, learning about many different cultures through our International Community Involvement Program (ICI).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Monica Grades: K-12 | 1185 students
1714 21st St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310)829-7391 3.1 K-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 550 students
11350 Palms Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310)391-7127 1.2 7-12
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-8 | 520 students
5401 Beethoven Street
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310)574-8650 1.6 NS-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.