Wildwood School K-12
- Wildwood School is a K-12, co-educational, independent college preparatory day school located in West Los Angeles providing an education based on progressive principles.
- It serves a diverse student body and seeks to develop students who are critical thinkers, skillful collaborators, and compassionate leaders who are empowered to make a difference in their world.
- The elementary campus (grades K-5) is located at 12201 Washington Pl., LA, 90066.
- The elementary phone number is 310-397-3134. The middle and upper school campus (grades 6-12) is located at 11811 Olympic Blvd., LA, 90064. The phone number is 310-478-7189.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||725 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||94 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Algebra, Algebra, Algebra II, American Studies, Biology, British Literature, Calculus-based Physics, Chemistry, Contemporary World Literature, Environmental Science, Geometry, Human Rights, Modern U.S. History, Physics, Pre-Calculus, Spanish (4-years available with Honors available in all), Statistics, Western Civilization,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Oct. 29 / Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$24,025 for K-5; $29,975 for grades 6-12|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Chantelle Pierre|
|Admissions Associate||Jo Chapman|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Equestrian,
Flag Football, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Climbing, Cycling, Film, Human, International, Knitting, Math, NewsMagazine, Peer, Photography, SAGA, School, Sci-Fi, Student, Yearbook|
- Elementary program:
- Our elementary classes offer a balanced program that meets individual and group learning needs.
- Field trips and service learning are woven into the core curriculum.
- We offer a daily After Care program and After School Enrichment classes.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade are combined in multi-age classes that Wildwood calls "Pods."
- Grades 2 through 5 are not multi-aged.
- League sports begin in 5th grade.
- Middle school program:
- Wildwood School's middle school program advances students' academic, social, and emotional growth.
- Small class sizes create a comfortable, safe space where students can explore their own identities and try out ideas.
- Teachers and staff serve as role models, and advisors provide a critical link between school and home.
- A program of core academics is enhanced with an emphasis on the development of organizational and study skills to prepare students for upper school grades.
- In middle and upper school, Wildwood Wolves compete in CIF league athletics, fielding several sports teams each season.
- Upper school program:
- Honors classes are available in 17 subjects.
- Juniors and seniors can take yearlong electives.
- Juniors and seniors participate in a robust 2-year internship program.
- The Wildwood Institute for STEM Research and Development (WISRD) offers a multi-year program in addition to core academics for students who want to study science, math, physics, and engineering in depth; connections with Cal Tech, JPL, NASA, and a host of mentors from the scientific community work with students throughout the year--including summer opportunities.
- Wildwood uses narrative assessments and student-led family conferences to track student progress and set goals.
- Our college counseling program has one of the lowest ratios of counselor to student: 25-to-1.
- Wildwood uses Naviance, an online college application program, to help students and families manage the college application process.
- Wildwood's advisory program is nationally recognized and taught internationally through the Wildwood Outreach Center.
- Students can find their unique passion through offerings in athletics, drama, visual arts, music, and leadership opportunities.
- Additionally, students can travel across the globe, learning about many different cultures through our International Community Involvement Program (ICI).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Monica Grades: K-12 | 1185 students
1714 21st St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310)829-7391 3.1 K-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 550 students
11350 Palms Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310)391-7127 1.2 7-12
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-8 | 520 students
5401 Beethoven Street
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310)574-8650 1.6 NS-8
What happens if my child suddenly takes sick before the end of the school year? What if he is expelled? Answers here.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.