Wildwood School K-12
Wildwood School is a K-12, co-educational, independent college preparatory day school located in West Los Angeles providing an education based on progressive principles.
It serves a diverse student body and seeks to develop students who are critical thinkers, skillful collaborators, and compassionate leaders who are empowered to make a difference in their world.
The elementary campus (grades K-5) is located at 12201 Washington Pl., LA, 90066.
The elementary phone number is 310-397-3134. The middle and upper school campus (grades 6-12) is located at 11811 Olympic Blvd., LA, 90064. The phone number is 310-478-7189.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Students: 734 students
- Acceptance rate: 60%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Oct. 29 / Dec. 15 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Advanced Algebra, Algebra, Algebra II, American Studies, Biology, British Literature, Calculus-based Physics, Chemistry, Contemporary World Literature, Environmental Science, Geometry, Human Rights, Modern U.S. History, Physics, Pre-Calculus, Spanish (4-years available with Honors available in all), Statistics, Western Civilization
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Oct. 29 / Dec. 15 / rolling
$24,025 for K-5; $29,975 for grades 6-12
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Choir, Climbing, Cycling, Film, Human, International, Knitting, Math, NewsMagazine, Peer, Photography, SAGA, School, Sci-Fi, Student, Yearbook
- Elementary program:
- Our elementary classes offer a balanced program that meets individual and group learning needs.
- Field trips and service learning are woven into the core curriculum.
- We offer a daily After Care program and After School Enrichment classes.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade are combined in multi-age classes that Wildwood calls "Pods."
- Grades 2 through 5 are not multi-aged.
- League sports begin in 5th grade.
- Middle school program:
- Wildwood School's middle school program advances students' academic, social, and emotional growth.
- Small class sizes create a comfortable, safe space where students can explore their own identities and try out ideas.
- Teachers and staff serve as role models, and advisors provide a critical link between school and home.
- A program of core academics is enhanced with an emphasis on the development of organizational and study skills to prepare students for upper school grades.
- In middle and upper school, Wildwood Wolves compete in CIF league athletics, fielding several sports teams each season.
- Upper school program:
- Honors classes are available in 17 subjects.
- Juniors and seniors can take yearlong electives.
- Juniors and seniors participate in a robust 2-year internship program.
- The Wildwood Institute for STEM Research and Development (WISRD) offers a multi-year program in addition to core academics for students who want to study science, math, physics, and engineering in depth; connections with Cal Tech, JPL, NASA, and a host of mentors from the scientific community work with students throughout the year--including summer opportunities.
- Wildwood uses narrative assessments and student-led family conferences to track student progress and set goals.
- Our college counseling program has one of the lowest ratios of counselor to student: 25-to-1.
- Wildwood uses Naviance, an online college application program, to help students and families manage the college application process.
- Wildwood's advisory program is nationally recognized and taught internationally through the Wildwood Outreach Center.
- Students can find their unique passion through offerings in athletics, drama, visual arts, music, and leadership opportunities.
- Additionally, students can travel across the globe, learning about many different cultures through our International Community Involvement Program (ICI).
Endorse Wildwood School K-12. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
So Many Choices
When it comes to choosing a private school, there are so many choices to consider that the project can be a huge challenge to most of us. We offer some help and advice to help you get started.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.