- Marlborough School, founded in 1889, is an independent, urban day school serving a diverse group of young women.
- The School is committed to delivering a superior college preparatory education in an environment imbued with high ethical values.
- Marlborough is dedicated to the philosophy that academic excellence, leadership skills, and confidence flourish best in an environment exclusively devoted to the education of young women.
- The Marlborough community enables each student to develop her fullest potential so that she may become an actively engaged global citizen.
Marlborough School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||533 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||73 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||23 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 8|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$36,365|
|Tuition Notes||In addition to tuition, fees include a $1,500 new student fee, $150-200 for uniforms, $500-1,500 for books and supplies, $50-70 for class dues, a $210 activity fee, and approximately $500 for the annual 7th/9th Grade class trip.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$23,307|
|Admissions Director||Jeanette Woo Chitjian|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Winter TrackBallet, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Winter Track,
- Marlborough School provides a learning environment where young women develop self-confidence, creativity, a sense of responsibility, and moral decisiveness. The School's program encourages students to discover their potential, to think critically, and to develop intellectual curiosity. Students learn to set priorities, develop decision-making skills, and value the process of the educational experience. Marlborough School is a community that includes students, faculty, staff, families, alumnae, and trustees. As a girls' school, we celebrate the importance of our long history and tradition of quality education for young women. We understand and address their needs, while exploring how societal roles of men and women are changing. We emphasize the process of personal growth, encourage cooperation, and foster close association among members of the community to promote emotional, intellectual, and physical well-being.
- Marlborough School strives to understand and respect the differences inherent in a multicultural urban environment, and to reflect this diversity in our own community. We encourage an understanding of the complexities of global issues while teaching young women to face the world with courage, compassion, flexibility, and commitment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: 9-12 | 373 students
10643 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90077
(310)472-1205 6.7 9-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 6-12 | 742 students
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323)461-3651 2.7 6-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.