Berkeley Hall School
Berkeley Hall School Photo #2 - Berkeley Hall is located on 66-acres off Mulholland Drive. It serves the westside of Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley.
- As the oldest co-ed independent school in Los Angeles, Berkeley Hall offers a balanced traditional program of challenging academics, arts, and athletics, which provides a strong foundation for high school.
- The school`s mission is "to empower children to fulfill their unlimited, God-given potential as fearless scholars and conscientious citizens." Character education is an essential component in developing the whole student.
- Our core values of compassion, honesty, respect, and responsibility are explored in all-school assemblies, in the classroom, and in the day-to-day interactions among members of our school community.
- Our 66-acre campus is situated amidst the natural beauty of the Santa Monica Mountains, minutes from the Westside and the San Fernando Valley.
- It provides students with the ideal environment to reflect, grow, learn, and achieve success.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||281 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms grades 1 through 8: Navy or beige pants, shorts, skirts, skorts with polo shirts.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$27,300|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade: Nursery & JK from $10,650 to $23,200; K-5th $25,970; 6th $27,300; 7th-8th $27,900. Tuition covers textbooks, interscholastic sports, field trips, yearbooks, and Mothers' Club and Dads' Club memberships|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$13,500|
|Admissions Director||Nathalie Miller|
|Admissions Associate||Carolyn Good|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- Small classes
- Rigorous academic program in balanced environment
- Balanced traditional education
- Warm and nurturing environment
- Strong character education
- Great family community
- Serene 66-acre mountain top campus
- Close to the Westside of Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley
- Football field and track
- Baseball diamond with batting cages
- Basketball court
- Tennis courts
- 75-foot Pool
- 2,000-square foot Library
- 300-seat auditorium
- Outdoor amphitheater
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: K-6 | 488 students
15871 Mulholland Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(310)476-1251 0.2 K-6
- Santa Monica Grades: K-12 | 1185 students
1714 21st St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310)829-7391 7.2 K-12
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.