- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Students: 494 students
- Yearly Tuition: $33,319
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 1
Academics and Faculty
(School has a uniform dress code. )
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Debate, LEGO Robotics Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Curtis Creative Guild, Orchestra
- About Curtis: Curtis School is an independent, coeducational day school serving elementary-aged students from Development Kindergarten through Grade 6. Established in 1925, it is one of Los Angeles's oldest and most respected elementary schools.
- Enrollment: The school enrolls approximately 490 students and employs 68 full-time faculty.
- Overview: Curtis School balances traditional and innovative pedagogical approaches in providing a well-rounded, challenging education for the whole child. We develop children`s academic, intellectual, creative, athletic, and social potential through dynamic teaching and by actively engaging students in their own learning and moral growth. Our programs are designed to nurture our students to become critical thinkers, effective communicators, respectful collaborators, and resilient problem solvers. Our educational program focuses on character development and inclusivity.
- Campus: Curtis School sits on 27 acres of gentle hills and grassy playing fields in the Santa Monica Mountains. The contemporary, Spanish-influenced architecture of the buildings blends with the beauty of the natural surroundings to create an inviting, open setting that accommodates the wide variety of activities and events that are a part of our programs.
- Facilities: The school's facilities include two DK classrooms, three classrooms in each of Grades K-2, and four classrooms in each of Grades 3-5. The 6th Grade program is departmentalized, with 7 home base classes of approximately 9 students per class. In addition to the grade-level classrooms, Curtis has the following specialized facilities: a multi-purpose pavilion; an auditorium; a library; a makerspace; a computer lab classroom and a mobile computer lab; one lower elementary and two upper elementary science classrooms; two visual arts classrooms; three performing arts classrooms; three grade-level playgrounds; three covered lunch areas; two athletic fields; indoor and outdoor basketball and volleyball courts; boys' and girls' locker rooms; a swimming pool; and a Parents Association room.
- How to Apply: Applications are available September 1st and must be returned by December 1st.
- See the Curtis School website for more information: https://www.curtisschool.org
Endorse Curtis School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards