- The Mirman School offers an environment where the highly gifted student is challenged mentally, supported emotionally, enriched academically and integrated socially to his or her greatest potential.
- Nestled in the Santa Monica Mountains above Los Angeles, California, it is an independent co-educational school designed to meet the needs of intellectually gifted children ages 5 to 14.
- The school recognizes that the innate intellectual potential of the child is not enough to ensure the actualizing of giftedness; there must be nurture to maximize nature.
- Having recognized that gifted children learn differently, the school is committed to providing an academically appropriate learning environment that is stimulating, secure and joyful, with an age-appropriate social and emotional setting in which gifted children can blossom and maximize their potential.
- The school values the many facets and faces of giftedness in the diversity of its programs and its student population.
- Furthermore, the children are encouraged and guided to utilize their intellect and their compassion in a constructive way to help society and their fellow men and women.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
National Association for the Gifted
California Association for the Gifted
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||342 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 10|
|Admissions Director||Jen Liggitt|
|Admissions Associate||Rita Anne Smith|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sherman OaksGrades: K-12 | 830 students
3900 Stansbury Avenue
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
- Los AngelesGrades: NS-8 | 270 students
16000 Mulholland Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90049
- Huntington StationGrades: PK-9 | 278 students
165 Pidgeon Hill Rd Ste 1
Huntington Station, NY 11746
- CalabasasGrades: K-12 | 1198 students
23620 Mulholland Hwy
Calabasas, CA 91302
- Woodland HillsGrades: 6-8 | 44 students
5920 Shoup Ave
Woodland Hills, CA 91367