- Established in 1949, Westland School offers K-6 elementary education based on progressive educational principles as seen through a modern lens.
- We teach an experiential-based curriculum that emphasizes collaborative problem solving and active community participation.
- Our approach fosters intellectual curiosity, imagination, research and communication - skills that will alow children to thrive in the 21st century.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||133 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 9|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,905|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Marcia Capparela|
- Westland school encourages a true sense of community. Every child has a commitment to his or her class. Each class has a responsibility to the school, and the school has an important connection to the world. As a natural extension, each child is expected to develop a larger sense of responsibility to the community. There are many community service projects that the school originates and participates in. Westland's school educational philosophy is reflected in its approach to children; each child has a commitment to the group and each group to the entire school. A child learns responsibility to the school community through participation in age-appropriate school jobs. The group gives the individual a strong sense of identity. Each child gains self-knowledge and grows into an integrated person through the responses and concerns of the group. Each group gains solidarity through the strengths, weaknesses, and potentials of the individuals.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Encino Grades: K-6 | 174 students
17100 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91316
(818)990-1006 2.4 K-6
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.