Established in 1949, Westland School offers K-6 elementary education based on progressive educational principles as seen through a modern lens.
We teach an experiential-based curriculum that emphasizes collaborative problem solving and active community participation.
Our approach fosters intellectual curiosity, imagination, research and communication - skills that will alow children to thrive in the 21st century.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 132 students
- Yearly Tuition: $31,160
- Average class size: 22 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 7
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
- Westland school encourages a true sense of community. Every child has a commitment to his or her class. Each class has a responsibility to the school, and the school has an important connection to the world. As a natural extension, each child is expected to develop a larger sense of responsibility to the community. There are many community service projects that the school originates and participates in. Westland's school educational philosophy is reflected in its approach to children; each child has a commitment to the group and each group to the entire school. A child learns responsibility to the school community through participation in age-appropriate school jobs. The group gives the individual a strong sense of identity. Each child gains self-knowledge and grows into an integrated person through the responses and concerns of the group. Each group gains solidarity through the strengths, weaknesses, and potentials of the individuals.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Westland School cost?
Westland School's tuition is approximately $31,160 for private students.
What is Westland School's ranking?
Westland School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for: Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Westland School?
The application deadline for Westland School is Dec. 7.
Endorse Westland School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.