Los Encinos School
Tel: (818) 990-1006
Los Encinos School is located in the heart of Encino CA, off Ventura Blvd. Since 1980, this gem of a school has proven that a small, independent elementary school can make a large impact.
Children in Grades K through 6 are encouraged to approach the rigorous academic program with confidence, independence and pleasure in learning.
With two teachers and a floating assistant devoted to each class, as well as differentiated instruction, Los Encinos School accommodates a variety of learning styles in a supportive atmosphere where individual progress is greatly valued.
The rich humanities curriculum reinforces the values of diversity and mutual respect. Moral values, character education, and service learning are integral to the school's goal of placing the traits of goodness and greatness on equal footing.
Parental commitment is the foundation of the Los Encinos School community and the school welcomes and encourages parents to become involved in their child's educational experience.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||169 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$31,100|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Associate||Bill Birch|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After-School Enrichment Classes
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Los Encinos School is an independent, nonprofit, and nonsectarian elementary school, small enough to give children the individualized attention they need to make a huge impact on the world. "Think Big, Start Small" is more than a pithy motto, it's the embodiment of the entire school's focus. The teachers and administrators provide a warm, caring environment where children in Grades K through 6 are encouraged to tackle the rigorous academics with confidence, independence, and enjoyment in learning.
- By design, the academic program is flexible enough to accommodate a variety of learning styles in a supportive atmosphere where individual progress is greatly valued. Los Encinos School respects differences among children and has a high regard for effort. They believe personal success is a child's best motivator, exemplified by the school's committment to each student.
- The school's ultimate goal is to prepare students with a strong foundation of skills. Teachers, serving as facilitators for learning, provide a variety of opportunities to develop critical thinking and problem-solving strategies. Teamwork and cooperation are integrated throughout the program. This approach emphasizes the importance of intellectual and experiential pursuits, explored both independently and cooperatively.
- In addition, the rich humanities curriculum reinforces the values of diversity and mutual respect. Los Encinos School teaches moral values, character education, and opportunities for community service learning at every level, preparing the students to be effective and respected leaders.
- As a small school, their reach extends not only to the child, but also to the family. Parental commitment is the foundation of the Los Encinos School community and they welcome and encourage parents to become involved in their child's educational experience.
- Think BIG, Start SMALL.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-8 | 266 students
16000 Mulholland Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(310) 476-6421 2.5 NS-8
- Los Angeles Grades: K-6 | 118 students
16200 Mulholland Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(310) 472-5544 2.4 K-6
- North Hollywood Grades: K-8 | 324 students
4832 Tujunga Ave
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818) 508-4542 7.2 K-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.