Los Encinos School
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Students: 167 students
- Yearly Tuition: $31,100
- Average class size: 24 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
- Los Encinos School Reimagines Itself During COVID-19 - 09/11/2020Back in early March 2020, the faculty and administration of Los Encinos School in Encino started to sense something big was occurring from a growing pandemic known by the odd name of "COVID-19," and they got to work, quickly and expertly inventing an online version of the school.
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
After-School Enrichment Classes
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Los Encinos School is an independent, nonprofit, and nonsectarian elementary school, small enough to give children the individualized attention they need to make a huge impact on the world. "Think Big, Start Small" is more than a pithy motto, it's the embodiment of the entire school's focus. The teachers and administrators provide a warm, caring environment where children in Grades K through 6 are encouraged to tackle the rigorous academics with confidence, independence, and joy in learning.
- By design, the academic program is flexible enough to accommodate a variety of learning styles in a supportive atmosphere where individual progress is key. Los Encinos School respects differences among children and values diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice (DEIJ). They believe personal success is a child's best motivator, exemplified by the school's committment to each student.
- The school's ultimate goal is to prepare students with a strong foundation of skills. Teachers, serving as facilitators for learning, provide a variety of opportunities to develop critical thinking and problem-solving strategies. Teamwork and cooperation are integrated throughout the program. This approach emphasizes the importance of intellectual and experiential pursuits, explored both independently and cooperatively.
- In addition, the rich humanities curriculum reinforces the values of diversity and mutual respect. Los Encinos School teaches moral values, character education, and opportunities for community engagement at every level, preparing the students to be effective and respected leaders.
- As a small school, their reach extends not only to the child, but also to the family. Parental commitment is the foundation of the Los Encinos School community and they welcome and encourage parents to become involved in their child's educational experience.
- Think Big, Start SMALL.
Endorse Los Encinos School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards