5.00 (1 review)
- For more than six decades, Laurence School has provided an outstanding learning environment for elementary age children that focuses on their total development, social, emotional, physical and the ever-important academic. What began in 1953 as a one-room schoolhouse where the school’s founder, Marvin Jacobson and twelve students embarked upon an innovative adventure in education is today a thriving learning community of 300+ kindergarten-6thgrade students. Laurence’s paramount goal is to provide a strong academic program that remains on the cutting edge of education and encourages children to enhance and broaden their critical and creative thinking. In this spirit, Laurence has a long-standing commitment to provide children with the foundation and inspiration to become life-long learners.
- Laurence is proud of its record of instilling timeless values of good character and exemplary citizenship in our students. We take pride in our nationally acclaimed character education and service learning programs. The unique combination of an innovative, challenging and integrated academic program and a commitment to character development prepares our graduates to matriculate to the finest independent secondary schools that best suit their talents and interests. Our alumni make meaningful contributions in the fields of technology, humanities, fine arts, science and medicine. Throughout their years at Laurence School, students begin to explore life’s most important questions. They continually discover that what they learn in school makes a difference in their lives, their community and ultimately the world around them. Our recent expansions more than doubled the size of our campus and created a cutting edge facility that complements our strong curriculum and optimizes the learning of each student. Although our state-of-the-art Secret Garden has expanded in size, Laurence remains true to its mission of developing the unique abilities of the Total Child.
- Our uniquely personalized, close-knit community where everyone knows each child and is dedicated to his/her overall development will always be Laurence's distinguishing trademark. We believe that today’s children are the leaders of tomorrow. We are committed to their future!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||345 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,235|
|Tuition Notes||2015-2016 Tuition|
|Admissions Director||Lauren Wolke|
|Admissions Associate||Sandy Stone|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||...and more, Art, Chess Club, Claymation, Cooking, Dance, Digital Photography, Gardening, Karate, Musical Theatre, Orchestra, Robotics, Science|
- Laurence endeavors to develop the unique abilities and potential of each of its students in a diverse, inclusive, and supportive learning community, where rich traditions and an innovative curriculum foster educational excellence and joy in learning, pride in oneself, integrity, mutual respect, and a commitment to the "Total Child."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
The best seven years of my child's life.They learned how to be a true human being, in addition to be good speakers and presenters.
- Posted by Parent - Jeff
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.