St. Cyril of Jerusalem School
- The school offers a well-rounded Catholic education, with academic and extracurricular program for students in Pre-K through 8th grade.
- The school has received full accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- The quality of our academic program is reflected in the level of success of our students show in standardized tests and our student acceptance rates to elite local high schools.
- The average scores of St. Cyril students in these tests consistently place them in the upper quartile of scores nationwide and our students often enter high school with multiple honors and academic scholarships.
- In addition to our academics, our students benefit from a wide array of extra-curricular activities, sports, after-school enrichment, and an integrated technology program (iPads, SmartBoards, MacBook lab, MineCraftEdu).
- In these activities, our students further develop their intellectual, artistic, athletic, leadership, and social skills.
- These activities include opportunities to do Christian service and community outreach by helping less fortunate members of our society.
St. Cyril of Jerusalem School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||281 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Shorts/pants/shirt w/ school top)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 12 / Aug. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rate depends on Parish membership ($6,200 in-Parish/$8,100 out of Parish)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Angelica Pugliese|
|Admissions Associate||Mr. Ryan Halverson|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
academic decathlon, alter servers, christian service club, mock trial, science club
Arts and Music Programs:
chess club, dance class, fine arts, theatre arts, vocal ensemble
- 1) Students must test for appropriate grade level placement 2) Students may be asked to meet with principal before acceptance 3) All appropraite school records from previous institutions must be provided 4) All children must be vaccinated
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8
16180 Mulholland Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(310)476-2868 1.9 K-8
- Woodland Hills Grades: K-8 | 265 students
6061 Valley Circle Blvd
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
(818)340-2130 10.6 K-8
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
What are the benefits specific to students in attending private school?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.