St. Cyril of Jerusalem School
- The school offers a well-rounded Catholic education, with academic and extracurricular program for students in Preschool through 8th grade.
- The school has received full accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- The quality of our academic program is reflected in the level of success of our students show in standardized tests and our student acceptance rates to elite local high schools.
- The average scores of St. Cyril students in these tests consistently place them in the upper quartile of scores nationwide and our students often enter high school with multiple honors and academic scholarships.
- In addition to our academics, our students benefit from a wide array of extra-curricular activities, sports, after-school enrichment, and an integrated technology program (iPads, SmartBoards, MacBook lab, MineCraftEdu).
- In these activities, our students further develop their intellectual, artistic, athletic, leadership, and social skills.
- These activities include opportunities to do Christian service and community outreach by helping less fortunate members of our society.
St. Cyril of Jerusalem School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||299 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Shorts/pants/shirt w/ school top)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 13 / Aug. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,400|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rate depends on Parish membership ($6,400 in-Parish/$8,350 out of Parish)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Angelica Pugliese|
|Admissions Associate||Mr. Ryan Halverson|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
academic decathlon, alter servers, christian service club, mock trial, science club
Arts and Music Programs:
chess club, dance class, fine arts, theatre arts, vocal ensemble
- 1) Students must test for appropriate grade level placement 2) Students may be asked to meet with principal before acceptance 3) All appropraite school records from previous institutions must be provided 4) All children must be vaccinated
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8
16180 Mulholland Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(310)476-2868 1.9 K-8
- Reseda Grades: PK-8 | 155 students
18125 Sherman Way
Reseda, CA 91335
(818)342-8027 4.5 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.