Valley Beth Shalom Day School
5.00 (1 review)
- Valley Beth Shalom Harold M. Schulweis Day School, a K-6 Solomon Schechter elementary school, offers a superior education and enriching foundation for life`s journey.
- Students thrive in an environment that focuses on academic excellence, strong Jewish values, a dynamic community, and personal growth.
- Students reach their learning potential guided by talented teachers through individual learning approaches and small group instruction.
- Established in 1978, VBS Day School has more than 30 years of experience.
- Affiliated with the Solomon Schecter Day School Association, VBS has a rich history and a unique community fostered by the involvement of parents, VBS rabbis and cantors, and a thriving synagogue that engages the entire family in Jewish life.
- Upon commencement, VBS Day School students have attained much more than a high quality education.
- They have discovered an academic, emotional, and spiritual basis for life`s journey as it continues beyond secondary school and into adulthood showing that they can make a difference in the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||243 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,450|
|Tuition Notes||1,250 New Student Fee 125 Parent Org Dues 125 Student Material Fee Synagogue Membership (approximately $3,000)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
|Admissions Director||Tal Barak|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,|
Flag Football, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
art, cooking, drama, karate, sports
- Our mission is to empower each child to reach his/her potential as a confident, skilled, and passionate learner with a strong Jewish identity. Exceptional, forward-thinking academic general and Judaic studies programs emphasize inquiry, critical thinking, and creativity while instilling Jewish ethics, values, spirituality, a personal connection to Israel, and a strong sense of social responsibility. Embraced by a nurturing and dynamic community, our students build a foundation that fosters academic achievement, celebrates the joy of Jewish life, and cultivates a desire to make a difference in the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Northridge Grades: PK-8 | 361 students
17701 Devonshire St
Northridge, CA 91325
(818)368-5781 7.5 PK-8
- Encino Grades: PK-5 | 73 students
17719 Palora Street
Encino, CA 91316
(818)342-4905 2.5 PK-5
VBS Day School provides the very best education for my child! He is thriving in his kindergarten class and comes home excited to return to school each day. The dual curriculum and Hebrew immersion style of teaching are so outstanding! I continue to be impressed by VBSDS each day and know I made the right decision!
- Posted by Parent - elana
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.