Emek Hebrew Academy Teichman Family Torah Center
- Emek Hebrew Academy is dedicated to offering an academically challenging and strong orthodox education for Jewish children of the community by providing a comprehensive, well-balanced curriculum and course of study in both Torah and secular studies in an atmosphere conducive to learning and success.
- Our primary goal is to enable our students to develop a direction in life that will reflect the finest character and devotion to halacha and Jewish values both in the way our students will think and act.
- In addition, we endeavor to provide every student with the educational foundation in both Torah and secular studies to be lifetime learners and succeed, upon Emek graduation, in the most rigorous Yeshiva High Schools and other institutions of higher learning.
- All staff, students and parents are encouraged to be totally committed to a love of learning, to have pride in excellence and achievement, and to demonstrating a spirit of cooperation and friendship in support of the school’s mission.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Society of Hebrew Day Schools (NSHDS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||476 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Valley VillageGrades: PK-8 | 186 students
5243 Laurel Canyon Blvd
Valley Village, CA 91607
- Beverly HillsGrades: PK-8 | 553 students
9120 W Olympic Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
- Los AngelesGrades: PK-3 | 108 students
242 N Burlington Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90026
- Van NuysGrades: K-6 | 335 students
13639 Victory Boulevard
Van Nuys, CA 91401
- Sherman OaksGrades: K-12 | 830 students
3900 Stansbury Avenue
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.