A progressive school community rooted in Jewish values!.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 47 students
- Yearly Tuition: $20,655
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 31
- Source: Verified school update
Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition and Dues (TK/Kinder) $20,655.00 Tuition and Dues (Grades 1-6)$ $24,996.00 Tuition Insurance 3.1% of Tuition New Student Fee $1,000.00 Student Activities Fee $225.00 Security Surcharge $60.00
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Beth Hillel Elementary is one of the best-kept secrets in the San Fernando Valley. Serving grades transitional kindergarten through 6th grade, we pride ourselves on providing a boutique experience, in which every child is on a clearly defined and differentiated personal path to success.
- Social-emotional learning is equally important to academic success. Our children and teachers know each other in a deep and meaningful way, which creates an atmosphere where children can feel safe, confident, and truly supported. We focus on character strengths such as optimism, empathy, self-control, and motivation, as well as strong academic programming. In our classrooms, every child is intellectually challenged and has the opportunity to become a leader.
- We consistently get the same feedback from the middle schools our 6th-grade graduates attend: "You can always tell which children came from Beth Hillel; they are poised, self-confident, and have an insatiable thirst for knowledge." As students graduate and go on to the finest public and private schools in Los Angeles, they take with them a set of tools that allow them to live in the world with meaning, purpose, and confidence.
- Beth Hillel Day School is a place where kids are encouraged to learn a lot, have fun, and do mitzvot.
- To learn more about what makes BHDS so special, be sure to register for an Admissions Parent Info Session by visiting:https://tbhla.com/info-sessions/.
- Contact email@example.com(818) 763-8308 for more information.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Beth Hillel Elementary cost?
Beth Hillel Elementary's tuition is approximately $20,655 for private students.
What sports does Beth Hillel Elementary offer?
Beth Hillel Elementary offers 1 interscholastic sports: Soccer.
When is the application deadline for Beth Hillel Elementary?
The application deadline for Beth Hillel Elementary is Jan. 31.
Hi, I went to this school since I was 2 till I had to move on to a new school this year for middle school and I loved it every step of the way. They are so welcoming there and kind I personally think they can`t hire better teachers. They worked so well through the pandemic and that quick change and have so many great activities. I always loved how they worked with the students and understanding they are. I know I`m just a kid but seriously I think I will ever like a school this much and can`t imagine not going to BHDS. I hope I visit so much in the future and that everyone has much at a good time as I did.
We can't say enough good things about our experience at BHDS. Our kids have had excellent teachers in small classes where they've gotten one-on-one attention, and instruction that meets them where they are and pushes them to reach their potential. The teachers are excellent and accessible if you ever need to reach out. The community is warm and supportive and creates space for kids to be who they are in a non-judgmental environment. Extracurricular activities connect kids across a wide range of ages, giving the younger kids someone to look up to, and the older kids a leadership opportunity. On top of all of this, the school gives the kids a wonderful sense of their Jewish identity and heritage. BHDS turns our kind, smart, empathetic, confident kids who are ready for whatever the future holds.
We recently moved to LA and have two kids enrolled at BHDS currently (one in elementary and one in early childhood). Everything about the school and community is fantastic. The staff are warm and kind and go out of their way to make the experience top-notch for the kids. The campus is beautiful, with a welcoming feeling and plenty of outdoor space. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a more personal education experience.
We currently have a 2nd grader at Beth Hillel and another who graduated and now is in middle school. Both our children love Beth Hillel. They have thrived in this small, warm learning community. The curriculum this school uses is top-rated, research-backed, and individualized. Our children are strong readers and writers, and their creativity and individual interests are encouraged. Our older daughter is currently in all honors classes and advanced math in middle school and she is thriving. This is because of the incredible foundational education she received at Beth Hillel. Both of our children have thrived due to their caring teachers, small class sizes, and multi-grade grouping. It is very common for our children to play with other kids in lower and higher grade levels. Everybody knows each other, from TK-5th grade. All parents are welcome to attend many school events and weekly Shabbat services, making it so parents all become part of the community and friends with each other. This place is truly a gem and I am ever so grateful for this school, temple, and community.
Endorse Beth Hillel Elementary. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Examining the Current State of Vouchers in Arizona
This comprehensive article explores the current state of voucher programs in Arizona, examining the relevant state laws, pros and cons, and their impact on education. Gain authoritative insights into the Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA) program, equity concerns, and the ongoing debate surrounding educational choice in Arizona.
Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.