Woodcrest School Photo #2 - Woodcrest School in Tarzana provides close bond with teachers and administrators
Woodcrest School Photo #4 - Creative expression is an important part of Woodcrest Schools curriculum.
Woodcrest School Photo #5 - Students use Ipads, Chromebooks, and laptops at Woodcrest School in Tarzana
- Woodcrest School provides WASC Accredited private elementary for grades K-5 and private middle school for grades 6-8.
- Our multifaceted curriculum is grounded in STEAM and is designed to inspire students to pursue their academic and co-curricular passions in small classroom settings.
- Our diverse school community is representative of Southern California where our dedicated and talented teachers encourage students to engage in the learning process while they develop into confident communicators, community leaders, and global citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||183 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Polo Shirt with logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Debra Adams|
|Admissions Associate||Luanne Paglione|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, cooking club, Dance Club, Drama Club, Karate Club, Robotics
- Woodcrest School is a WASC Accredited, coeducational private school for children in kindergarten through eighth grade located on a secure 2.5 acre campus in the San Fernando Valley. Founded in 1969, Woodcrest School has enriched the lives of children for more than forty five years by working with students to develop a strong academic foundation, mindfulness, high emotional intelligence, superior reading skills, leadership and community awareness, and highly proficient users of technology. Woodcrest elementary and middle school students are well prepared for life long learning. Students explore subject matter using STEAM based techniques, develop and utilize technology to demonstrate progress, learn to problem solve and communicate with peers, and continue to score among the top 10% in the nation in standardized tests. Alumni go on to schools of their choice and are well prepared for 21 century jobs.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tarzana Grades: PK-K | 36 students
18706 Hatteras St
Tarzana, CA 91356
(818)343-1794 0.8 PK-K
- Winnetka Grades: NS-K | 56 students
6739 Corbin Avenue
Winnetka, CA 91306
(818)881-7333 1 NS-K
- Winnetka Grades: PK-12 | 712 students
6844 Oakdale Ave
Winnetka, CA 91306
(818)883-2428 1.2 PK-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.