- At Woodcrest Preschool in Lake Forest, children learn academic principals through sensory exploration.
- Children are encouraged to explore the world of learning through interactive learning centers that incorporate touch, smell, taste, and sound.
- At Woodcrest, children are cared for by loving, experienced teachers in a setting that fosters a desire to learn and the ability to work in a group setting.
- We encourage you to visit our Lake Forest campus to see our exceptional program first hand.
- At Woodcrest special care is given to every child to ensure that answers to life's questions are explored.
- Patient teachers work in small groups to explore monthly themes as well as provide time for individual observations.
- Children move througout the classroom environment to interact with learning centers ranging from sorting objects hidden in rice, taking quiet time to read, or uncovering sientific experiments.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.