International School Of Los Angeles - West Valley
International School Of Los Angeles - West Valley ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The School's core values are: first and foremost, academic excellence; collaboration, communication and community; commitment to the curriculum; utmost respect for all individuals within the school community; cultural diversity; and intellectual curiosity and open-mindedness.
- The International School of Los Angeles teaches a bilingual immersion program from Preschool through 12th grade where students study subjects in both English and French. The School follows the French Ministry of Education's academic program in a bilingual context. Teachers in each language are native speakers and the percentage of each language of instruction varies at each grade level. Beginning in Preschool, French is not simply a subject but also the language of instruction. English increases as the grade levels move up.
- Two teachers are assigned to every class, one a native French speaker and the other, a native English speaker, in order to support all students: the School believes that ALL students should be supported to their full potential.
- Besides the scientifically proven benefits of bilingualism, the School aims to gift students with the value of a constructivist education where students are actively involved in a process of meaning and knowledge construction as opposed to passively receiving information. Constructivist teaching fosters critical thinking, and creates motivated and independent learners. We aim to instill the love of learning in all our students.
- The vast majority of the School's teachers hold Master`s or Ph.D teaching credentials, and at the minimum, hold a Bachelor`s degree. The core of the school`s faculty is French by nationality and/or origin; most teachers have been trained in France and are certified by the French Ministry of Education`s rigorous credentialing regulations. English is taught by well qualified native speakers.
- Because our children and teachers come from many nations (50 nationalities are represented on our campuses, with 39 languages), we stress social studies and the concept that we are all citizens of one world. Our small, nurturing classes and small student-to-teacher ratios facilitate this.
- 5 campuses: Los Feliz (Prek-5th) - West Valley:Tarzana (Preschool-5th) - Pasadena (Preschool-5th) - Orange (Preschool-8th) - Burbank (6th-12th)
- Shuttles are provided for students from the Los Feliz, West Valley and Pasadena campuses to the Burbank campus secondary school.
- Each campus has its own director, staff, community and personality, but they all share the School's outstanding international education and commitment to a full immersion bilingual program.
- In addition to receiving the U.S. High School Diploma, ALL high school students take one of two programs: the IB Diploma or the French Baccalaurat. All subjects in both Baccalaureate programs are considered pre-college and advanced level, and are highly regarded by University Admissions personnel. The International School of Los Angeles further requires students in both programs to fulfill 150 hours of community service as part of their roles as world citizens.
- Grads who complete the entire school program are accepted to the world's top universities: Princeton, Columbia, Stanford, Oxford, Edinburgh, McGill, UC Berkeley, Dartmouth, Brown, and Sciences Po. They take with them what their years at LILA have taught them: communication, adaptability, problem- solving and agility skills; and the confidence to effect change in their communities, their professions, and the global society in which they live.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does International School Of Los Angeles - West Valley cost?
International School Of Los Angeles - West Valley's tuition is approximately $17,150 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of International School Of Los Angeles - West Valley?
The acceptance rate of International School Of Los Angeles - West Valley is 90%, which is higher than the national average of 84%.
What sports does International School Of Los Angeles - West Valley offer?
International School Of Los Angeles - West Valley offers 12 interscholastic sports: Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Paddle Tennis, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball. International School Of Los Angeles - West Valley is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in California for most sports offered.
What is International School Of Los Angeles - West Valley's ranking?
International School Of Los Angeles - West Valley ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees and Most sports offered.
When is the application deadline for International School Of Los Angeles - West Valley?
The application deadline for International School Of Los Angeles - West Valley is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse International School Of Los Angeles - West Valley. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards