5.00 (7 reviews)
Tel: (949) 398-5288
Pacific Academy Photo #3 - Pacific Academy student, Umi G, has been accepted to The Juilliard School and Columbia University
Pacific Academy Photo #4 - Omni Kumar, a Junior at Pacific Academy, competed in the 4th annual Zimmerman/Johnson USTA National Tournament at Stanford University and took home the coveted Boys' 16 Singles by defeating four other elite players, most of whom were ranked in the top 10 in their respective state's ranking system.
Pacific Academy Photo #5 - While volunteering at Lakeview Senior Center, Pacific Academy students ran into City of Irvine Mayor, Donald Wagner! He came and thanked all the students for volunteering at the center!
Pacific Academy Photo #9 - Pacific Academy student Alex Lee received IVY cup trophy from CEO Kelly Chu. Alex Lee got into Stanford University
- Pacific Academy is a private preparatory co-ed school that offers small class sizes, a 1:10 teacher/student ratio, monthly progress reports, exciting extracurricular activities, individual college counseling and educational planning based on their personal goals.
- Pacific Academy takes pride in being able to assist students who have a unique talent achieve a higher standard in education while fostering their individual talents.
- Pacific Academy is accredited by WASC. The Pacific Academy curriculum is driven by a focus on creativity, cross-disciplinary studies, new course offerings, school events, and student-led activities.
- Faculty and students collaborate on new initiatives, new electives, and new ways of connecting concepts across the curriculum.
- Project-Based Learning (PBL) serves as a cornerstone of Pacific Academy's educational methodology.
- With PBL, students acquire knowledge through immersive, hands-on activities. Our Service-Learning program allows students to experience the impact of community service on every facet of life and to understand the social issues behind the necessity for service. Students will have the opportunity to travel both nationally and internationally to live with and within communities they serve. Beyond the demands of our college preparatory classes, students ultimately learn to harness their talents and use them creatively, compassionately, and courageously in every aspect of their lives.
- Since 1997, Pacific Academy has had 100% college acceptance and among those colleges include: Columbia University, University of California Irvine, U Penn, and Stanford University.
- Pacific Academy is an international school and accepts students from all over the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Guitar, Advanced Painting and Drawing, Advanced Yearbook, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP Computer Science A, AP English Literature and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition Adopted from: The College Board Advanced Placement Program, AP Government and Politics United States, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: Drawing, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1273|
|Average ACT score||32|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,600|
|Tuition Notes||International Tuition: $29,000/per year|
|Admissions Director||Angell E. Beckwith, MS|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Chan|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Golf,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
American Cancer Society, Angel Heart, Art Club, ASB Leadership, ASTC (Association of Student Tutoring and Counseling), Eco Friendly Club, Future Business Leaders of America Club, Guitar Club, Hip Hop Club, Literature Club, MAKE-A-WISH, National Honor Society (NHS), National Honors Society, Pathfinder, Rocket Club, Science Club, Science Olympiad, Service Club, Student Ambassador Club, Theater Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber String Ensemble, Choir, Film & Video Production, Screenwriting, Wind Instruments
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- What do a professional, award-winning classical pianist, the first junior from the U.S. to receive a medal at the World Championship for Taekwondo, a semi-finalist for the Los Angeles Music Center Spotlight Competition, and the #1 ranked 15-year-old female golf player have in common? They all attend the prestigious Pacific Academy. Pacific Academy is small by design. It is one of the rare schools today where every student is known by name and receives individualized attention. Pacific Academy prides itself on being an academically rigorous school, while helping students focus on their talents and mastering their capabilities. In addition to the school`s challenging academic curriculum, PA provides students with community service opportunities, monthly outdoor education, and domestic and overseas service-learning trips. With a 1:10 teacher to student ratio, PA is able to fully support students with talents in music, sports and the arts by giving them the flexibility to immerse themselves in what they love to do. Kelly Chu, the company`s visionary says, "Pacific Academy is a school that gives students the opportunity to embrace their talents and achieve academic excellence." Excellence is exactly what they have achieved. Pacific Academy has celebrated 100% college acceptance to many top universities such as Stanford, Columbia, U Penn, Harvard, Yale, and UCLA.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irvine Grades: 4-12
15707 Rockfield Blvd. Suite 110
Irvine, CA 92618
(949) 305-1705 5.3 4-12
- Irvine Grades: PK-K | 93 students
1 Technology Drive, Building A
Irvine, CA 92618
(949) 427-3968 4.1 PK-K
As a student at Pacific Academy ever since 7th grade all the way to my senior year in high school, I can certainly say that it was a life changing decision to come to this school. As a competitive golfer that has played in national as well as international events, balancing athletics and academics is a struggle that all athletes can relate to. Pacific Academy has enabled me to travel the world while giving me leniency to complete my assignments. They also provide me with a flexible school schedule that allows me to pursue my golf practice and fitness every single day. This school has really given me a platform to thrive and pursue my passions in sports and academics. Without Pacific Academy, I would never be able to commit to Stanford as a D1 collegiate golfer and come out as Rolex Junior Player of the Year in 2019.In addition, all of this wouldn't be possible without the PA staff and teachers. The CEO Ms. Kelly, the principal Mr. Corpus, as well as all my teachers and office staff have really contributed to help me excel in my academic foundation. Missing school is tough, but everyone in PA has cared and gone above and beyond to help and make sure I could handle my work.Last but not least, I have to say that the PA environment is simply amazing. There are so many well rounded students who are amazing at what they do. From music to tennis to dance and so much more, these students become lifelong friends that have your back and you can always learn from them. This school is not just a small private school, but everyone is a family who has passions and love for what they do. All in all, for anyone who wants to develop their talents in sports, music, art, or prefer a small school, and want to build a strong academic foundation, I highly recommend Pacific Academy.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Rose Z.
As a student at Pacific Academy from all of middle school to all of high school, it has been completely life changing for me. They have provided me with a foundation of academic excellence as well as a flexible schedule in order to pursue my golf career. The entire staff as well as the teachers do everything in their ability to provide you with the best quality of teaching and education. Not only does the private school enable one to follow their passions and dreams outside of school, but the entire community is amazing as well. All the students and classes are able to know each other well and really makes the school environment enjoyable and comfortable for any new or incoming student.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Rose Zhang
This review is long overdue (the student got admitted in Oct 2016).I wanted to really thank you PA for the quick and seamless process of getting my (international student) nephew's paperwork completed within a very short amount of time to bring him to PA. Every questions got answered, every email got responded, and every call got picked up. Three other private schools did not want to accept new student during the semester, but PA had this option and helped us get our student admitted - a special thank you to Ms Laura who helped us every step of the way.PA is a safe, encouraging, and educationally cultivated environment. My nephew got fit in, blended in, and became part of PA within the very first week. The staff play a big part of making our student feel comfortable and at home.Thank you PA for all the detail effort to cultivate such an environment for the future of our students.
- Posted by Parent - H. N.
Education and friendship enriches one's life, and we wanted both for our children. After researching several private schools in Orange County, our family enthusiastically decided on Pacific Academy in Irvine. The teachers there are very friendly, and highly motivated with advanced degrees. For those students seeking accelerated studies, PA offers numerous AP classes with homework support. Since August, our kids began building life long friendships through club participation, chamber orchestra, outdoor camp, and traveling. If your family share the same values, come and join us at Pacific Academy. I'd highly recommend it!James and Joyce P.
- Posted by Parent - James Pae
I would recommend this school to any parent who has the word "excelllence" in mind. Pacific Academy nurtures each student's natural ability to excel. I knew that my son was not excelling in the public school system simply because sometimes, not all students require the same amount of attention. I felt my son needed a bit more guidance and help since he gets very distracted by socials and sports. PA gave him the room to be able for him to explore what he was good at. The small student population also allows teachers to pay close attention to their students performance. I could see the change in my son's behavior and performance. He now enjoys going to school, he studies on his own, he feels more independent yet accountable for his work. I cannot thank PA enough for allowing my son to explore a higher level of academic performance in a very well balanced manner. They also have a lot of social and community activities on the weekends which is great. As a parent, I could not be happier. I know my son is in good hands.
- Posted by Parent - Pamela H.
The staff here are really great because they care so much about the students. If a student is falling behind, the amount of effort that they put in to help that student get back on track is amazing. I cannot emphasize enough about how much the teachers care about the students. Also, the small classes increases the anount of attention that each student receives. The normal class size is only around 7-8 people. Overall, the amount of care and attention that the school provides is what makes this school so great.
- Posted by Parent - ellil
I feel that one of the school's greatest strengths is the amount of flexibility that they provide for students who are often out of school due to concert tours or who need to go to the occasional international sports tournament. The teachers there really try to help you stay on track so that while you're out traveling, you don't get behind. Also, the students there are all really nice there. It's not uncommon to see students say hi every time they pass each other in the hallways. This may seem like a small detail but it just shows the general friendliness of all of the students at the school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - alexl
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.