5.00 (5 reviews)
Pacific Academy Photo #2 - Pacific Academy student, Umi G, has been accepted to The Juilliard School and Columbia University
Pacific Academy Photo #3 - Omni Kumar, a Junior at Pacific Academy, competed in the 4th annual Zimmerman/Johnson USTA National Tournament at Stanford University and took home the coveted Boys' 16 Singles by defeating four other elite players, most of whom were ranked in the top 10 in their respective state's ranking system.
Pacific Academy Photo #5 - While volunteering at Lakeview Senior Center, Pacific Academy students ran into City of Irvine Mayor, Donald Wagner! He came and thanked all the students for volunteering at the center!
Pacific Academy Photo #9 - Pacific Academy student Alex Lee received IVY cup trophy from CEO Kelly Chu. Alex Lee got into Stanford University
- Pacific Academy is a private preparatory co-ed school that offers small class sizes, a 1:5 teacher/student ratio, monthly progress reports, exciting extracurricular activities, test preparation, individual college counseling and educational planning based on their personal goals.
- Pacific Academy takes pride in being able to assist students who have a unique talent achieve a higher standard in education while fostering their individual talents.
- Pacific Academy is accredited by WASC. The Pacific Academy curriculum is driven by a focus on creativity, cross-disciplinary studies, new course offerings, school events, and student led activities.
- Faculty and students collaborate on new initiatives, new electives, and new ways of connecting concepts across the curriculum.
- Project-Based Learning (PBL) serves as a cornerstone of Pacific Academy's educational methodology.
- With PBL, students acquire knowledge through immersive, hands-on activities. Our Service-Learning program allows students to experience the impact of community service on every facet of life and to understand the social issues behind the necessity for service. Students will have the opportunity to travel both nationally and internationally to live with and within communities they serve. Beyond the demands of our college preparatory classes, students ultimately learn to harness their talents and use them creatively, compassionately, and courageously in every aspect of their lives.
- Since 1997, Pacific Academy has had 100% college acceptance and amoung those colleges include: Columbia University, University of California Irvine, Upenn, and Stanford University.
- Please note that Pacific Academy is an International School and accepts students from all over the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Guitar, Advanced Painting and Drawing, Advanced Yearbook, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP Computer Science A, AP English Literature and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition Adopted from: The College Board Advanced Placement Program, AP Government and Politics United States, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: Drawing, AP World History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
|Tuition Notes||International Tuition: $28,000/per year|
|Admissions Director||Laura Nguyen-Brown|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Chan|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
American Cancer Society, Angel Heart, Art Club, ASB Leadership, ASTC (Association of Student Tutoring and Counseling), Guitar Club, Hip Hop Club, Literature Club, MAKE-A-WISH, National Honor Society (NHS), National Honors Society, Pathfinder, Science Club, Science Olympiad, Service Club, Student Ambassador Club, Theater Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber String Ensemble, Choir, Film & Video Production, Screenwriting, Wind Instruments
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- What do a professional, award-winning classical pianist, the first junior from the U.S. to receive a medal at the World Championship for Taekwondo, a semi-finalist for the Los Angeles Music Center Spotlight Competition, and the #1 ranked 13-year-old female golf player have in common? They all attend the prestigious Pacific Academy. Pacific Academy is small by design. It is one of the rare schools today where every student is known by name and receives individualized attention. Pacific Academy prides itself on being an academically rigorous school, while helping students focus on their talents and mastering their capabilities. In addition to the school`s challenging academic curriculum, PA provides students with community service opportunities, monthly outdoor education, and domestic and overseas service-learning trips. With a 1:10 teacher to student ratio, PA is able to fully support students with talents in music, sports and the arts by giving them the flexibility to immerse themselves in what they love to do. Kelly Chu, the company`s visionary says, "Pacific Academy is a school that gives students the opportunity to embrace their talents and achieve academic excellence." Excellence is exactly what they have achieved. Pacific Academy has celebrated 100% college acceptance to many top universities such as Stanford, Columbia, U Penn, Harvard, Yale, and UCLA.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irvine Grades: 4-12
15707 Rockfield Blvd. Suite 110
Irvine, CA 92618
(949)305-1705 5.3 4-12
- Newport Coast Grades: 9-12 | 542 students
20402 Newport Coast Drive
Newport Coast, CA 92657
(949)219-0100 6.6 9-12
- Costa Mesa Grades: PK-12 | 404 students
2350 Canyon Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949)574-7775 8.2 PK-12
This review is long overdue (the student got admitted in Oct 2016).I wanted to really thank you PA for the quick and seamless process of getting my (international student) nephew's paperwork completed within a very short amount of time to bring him to PA. Every questions got answered, every email got responded, and every call got picked up. Three other private schools did not want to accept new student during the semester, but PA had this option and helped us get our student admitted - a special thank you to Ms Laura who helped us every step of the way.PA is a safe, encouraging, and educationally cultivated environment. My nephew got fit in, blended in, and became part of PA within the very first week. The staff play a big part of making our student feel comfortable and at home.Thank you PA for all the detail effort to cultivate such an environment for the future of our students.
- Posted by Parent - H. N.
Education and friendship enriches one's life, and we wanted both for our children. After researching several private schools in Orange County, our family enthusiastically decided on Pacific Academy in Irvine. The teachers there are very friendly, and highly motivated with advanced degrees. For those students seeking accelerated studies, PA offers numerous AP classes with homework support. Since August, our kids began building life long friendships through club participation, chamber orchestra, outdoor camp, and traveling. If your family share the same values, come and join us at Pacific Academy. I'd highly recommend it!James and Joyce P.
- Posted by Parent - James Pae
I would recommend this school to any parent who has the word "excelllence" in mind. Pacific Academy nurtures each student's natural ability to excel. I knew that my son was not excelling in the public school system simply because sometimes, not all students require the same amount of attention. I felt my son needed a bit more guidance and help since he gets very distracted by socials and sports. PA gave him the room to be able for him to explore what he was good at. The small student population also allows teachers to pay close attention to their students performance. I could see the change in my son's behavior and performance. He now enjoys going to school, he studies on his own, he feels more independent yet accountable for his work. I cannot thank PA enough for allowing my son to explore a higher level of academic performance in a very well balanced manner. They also have a lot of social and community activities on the weekends which is great. As a parent, I could not be happier. I know my son is in good hands.
- Posted by Parent - Pamela H.
The staff here are really great because they care so much about the students. If a student is falling behind, the amount of effort that they put in to help that student get back on track is amazing. I cannot emphasize enough about how much the teachers care about the students. Also, the small classes increases the anount of attention that each student receives. The normal class size is only around 7-8 people. Overall, the amount of care and attention that the school provides is what makes this school so great.
- Posted by Parent - ellil
I feel that one of the school's greatest strengths is the amount of flexibility that they provide for students who are often out of school due to concert tours or who need to go to the occasional international sports tournament. The teachers there really try to help you stay on track so that while you're out traveling, you don't get behind. Also, the students there are all really nice there. It's not uncommon to see students say hi every time they pass each other in the hallways. This may seem like a small detail but it just shows the general friendliness of all of the students at the school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - alexl
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.