- Pacific Academy is a private preparatory co-ed school that offers small class sizes, a 1:5 teacher/student ratio, monthly progress reports, exciting extracurricular activities, test preparation, individual college counseling and educational planning based on their personal goals.
- Pacific Academy takes pride in being able to assist students who have a unique talent achieve a higher standard in education while fostering their individual talents.
- Pacific Academy is accredited by WASC. The Pacific Academy curriculum is driven by a focus on creativity, cross-disciplinary studies, new course offerings, school events, and student led activities.
- Faculty and students collaborate on new initiatives, new electives, and new ways of connecting concepts across the curriculum.
- Project-Based Learning (PBL) serves as a cornerstone of Pacific Academy's educational methodology.
- With PBL, students acquire knowledge through immersive, hands-on activities. Our Service-Learning program allows students to experience the impact of community service on every facet of life and to understand the social issues behind the necessity for service. Students will have the opportunity to travel both nationally and internationally to live with and within communities they serve. Beyond the demands of our college preparatory classes, students ultimately learn to harness their talents and use them creatively, compassionately, and courageously in every aspect of their lives.
- Since 1997, Pacific Academy has had 100% college acceptance and amoung those colleges include: Columbia University, University of California Irvine, Upenn, and Stanford University.
- Please note that Pacific Academy is an International School and accepts students from all over the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Guitar, Advanced Painting and Drawing, Advanced Yearbook, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP Computer Science A, AP English Literature and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition Adopted from: The College Board Advanced Placement Program, AP Government and Politics United States, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: Drawing, AP World History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Laura Nguyen-Brown|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Chan|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||ASB Leadership, ASTC (Association of Student Tutoring and Counseling), American Cancer Society, Angel Heart, Archery Club, Art Club, Chamber String Ensemble, Choir, Film & Video Production, Guitar Club, Hip Hop Club, Literature Club, MAKE-A-WISH, National Honor Society (NHS), National Honors Society, Pathfinder, Science Club, Science Olympiad, Screenwriting, Service Club, Student Ambassador Club, Theater Club, Wind Instruments ASB Leadership, Angel Heart, Archery Club, Art Club, Choir, Guitar Club, Hip Hop Club, MAKE-A-WISH, Pathfinder, Science Club, Screenwriting, Service Club, Theater Club, ASTC (Association of Student Tutoring and Counseling),
American Cancer Society,
Chamber String Ensemble,
Film & Video Production,
National Honor Society (NHS),
National Honors Society,
Student Ambassador Club,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
15707 Rockfield Blvd. Suite 110
Irvine, CA 92618
Costa MesaGrades: PK-12 | 376 students
2350 Canyon Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Portola ValleyGrades: 6-12 | 365 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
AnaheimGrades: 9-12 | 583 students
2200 W Sequoia Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92801
San Juan CapistranoGrades: NS-12 | 649 students
26333 Oso Rd
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
I would recommend this school to any parent who has the word "excelllence" in mind. Pacific Academy nurtures each student's natural ability to excel. I knew that my son was not excelling in the public school system simply because sometimes, not all students require the same amount of attention. I felt my son needed a bit more guidance and help since he gets very distracted by socials and sports. PA gave him the room to be able for him to explore what he was good at. The small student population also allows teachers to pay close attention to their students performance. I could see the change in my son's behavior and performance. He now enjoys going to school, he studies on his own, he feels more independent yet accountable for his work. I cannot thank PA enough for allowing my son to explore a higher level of academic performance in a very well balanced manner. They also have a lot of social and community activities on the weekends which is great. As a parent, I could not be happier. I know my son is in good hands.
- Posted by Parent - Pamela H.
The staff here are really great because they care so much about the students. If a student is falling behind, the amount of effort that they put in to help that student get back on track is amazing. I cannot emphasize enough about how much the teachers care about the students. Also, the small classes increases the anount of attention that each student receives. The normal class size is only around 7-8 people. Overall, the amount of care and attention that the school provides is what makes this school so great.
- Posted by Parent - ellil
I feel that one of the school's greatest strengths is the amount of flexibility that they provide for students who are often out of school due to concert tours or who need to go to the occasional international sports tournament. The teachers there really try to help you stay on track so that while you're out traveling, you don't get behind. Also, the students there are all really nice there. It's not uncommon to see students say hi every time they pass each other in the hallways. This may seem like a small detail but it just shows the general friendliness of all of the students at the school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - alexl
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.