- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 1-12
- Enrollment: 64 students
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Mardan offers a primary intervention program designed for high-risk young children who are struggling with social development or impulsive behavior. They may be showing signs of Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism Spectrum Disorders, or may be falling behind in developing appropriate pre-academic and social skills.
- The Primary Intervention classes serve children from ages 4 through 8, grades Pre-K through 2nd grade:
- Classes limited to a maximum of 10 children, with two teachers - an experienced, credentialed master teacher and a full-time assistant teacher
- Designed as a highly structured, safe, and nurturing environment with clear expectations and firm limits
- Emphasis upon helping students learn to regulate behaviors, develop appropriate language skills, and experience success in their day-to-day interactions
- Strong emphasis on pre-academic and academic learning including language arts development, math skills, science, and social studies, using multi-sensory instructional strategies
- Targeted social skills development in the classroom, with additional small group support with clinical staff (Speech/Language Pathologist and/or Psychologist)
- All school resources accessed, including school library, art program, P.E. classes in the gym, and cooking activities in the kitchen
The Day School program includes grades 2nd through 8th, and emphasizes a success-oriented focus that balances both academic and social needs in a highly structured environment:
- Class size limited to 10 (grades 2-5) or 12 (grades 6-8), and taught by an experienced, credentialed master teacher and a full-time assistant teacher.
- Rigorous academic curriculum aligned with California State Standards, with differentiated instruction designed to meet specific learning needs.
- Concurrent with academic instruction, students learn organization skills, study skills, social communication skills, problem-solving and coping skills.
- Social skills development is integrated into program and addressed throughout the day in a variety of ways.
The school day experience is further enriched by a variety of support services and resources:
- Regular Physical Education (P.E.) classes, under the direction of a credentialed Adaptive P.E. Specialist. The structured program of sports and activities help students learn skills, develop good sportsmanship, and enjoy peer interaction.
- Weekly scheduled time in the school library, where students receive guidance on using resources to complete research and assignments, choose books for personal reading enjoyment, and access computer applications and the internet.
- Bi-weekly group art lessons guided by the Art Teacher. Art projects are often coordinated with classroom curriculum, and promote art skills, appreciation, and creative exploration.
- Life skills/cooking projects in the student kitchen, geared towards teaching healthy living habits and fostering positive group interaction and teamwork.
- Regularly scheduled time in our computer lab where students learn and practice computer and research skills, as well as creative projects utilizing technology
- Speech & Language services provided by a licensed SLP for those students with identified needs
Clinical Psychologist on staff to provide regular and as-needed/crisis counseling, as well as collaborate with parents and other mental health professionals working with your child.
The Mardan High School program, grades 9th through 12th, utilizes similar resources and strategies as in the younger grades, but emphasizes developing the skills and strategies that will enable students to be successful as they grow into young adults. The program is designed for diploma-tracked students who may need a smaller, supported environment in order to achieve graduation requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Mardan School offer a summer program?
When is the application deadline for Mardan School?
Endorse Mardan School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards