TVT Community Day School
5.00 (6 reviews)
TVT Community Day School Photo #2 - TVT's college conseling process begins in the 8th Grade, working diligently with students and families to plan for higher education. TVT alumni assist in the college search process by coming back to TVT to share their college epxeriences with Juniors and Seniors.
TVT Community Day School Photo #3 - http://www.tarbut.com/tvttoday/index.htmlReleased each week - an excellent way to get an inside-scoop on life at TVT!
TVT Community Day School Photo #5 - TVT is family. Even new kids are welcomed instantaneously. Teachers are approachable, especially if you have a problem.
TVT Community Day School Photo #6 - In their Junior year students enjoy a capstone trip to Poland-Israel.
TVT Community Day School Photo #7 - TVT's library contains an ourstanding array of research material - as well as the largest Judaica collection between San Diego and Los Angeles.
TVT Community Day School Photo #8 - TVT's value for Tikkun Olam "repairing the world" begins in Kindergarten, culminating with Global Service trips from grades 9-12 including visits to Kenya, Ecuador and the Cook Islands.
- Tarbut V`Torah Community Day School (TVT) is one of Orange County`s oldest independent, college preparatory, co-educational day school for students in grades TK through 12.
- Accredited by CAIS and WASC, TVT provides an innovative dual curriculum and individualized learning that challenges students to think critically, work collaboratively and explore creatively in order to realize their fullest potential.
- From the time students enter, they participate in both Jewish studies and Hebrew language along with our dynamic secular curricula utilizing technology and e-curriculum that embraces students for their individual strengths and talents. Academic achievement is one aspect of the TVT experience, which emphasizes core values of Truth, Kindness, Respect, Repair the World, Justice and Community.
- Through immersion and service learning projects, students engage in high-quality, hands-on experiences designed to spark curiosity and to ignite a passion for lifelong learning.
- TVT graduates are inquisitive learners, compassionate citizens and courageous leaders in their community and in the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||605 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Government, AP Music Theory, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: 2D, AP U.S. History, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Physics B, Physics C: E & M, Physics C: Mechanics|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Bryonna Fisco|
|Admissions Associate||Kristen Mandell|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Rock Climbing,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Tarbut V`Torah Community Day School (TVT) is one of Orange County`s oldest independent, college preparatory, co-educational day school for students in grades TK through 12. It was established in 1991 as a Lower School and subsequently opened the Middle School and Upper School in 1997. TVT is dedicated to building an inclusive pluralistic education community where mutual respect is paramount. Students come from 100 feeder schools representing 33 cities/communities in greater Orange County. For the 2018-2019 academic year, 33% of the students receive needs based assistance totaling $2 million.Accredited by CAIS and WASC, TVT provides an innovative dual curriculum and individualized learning that challenges students to think critically, work collaboratively and explore creatively in order to realize their fullest potential. From the time students enter, they participate in both Jewish studies and Hebrew language along with our dynamic secular curricula utilizing technology and e-curriculum that embraces students for their individual strengths and talents. Academic achievement is one aspect of the TVT experience, which emphasizes core values of Truth, Kindness, Respect, Repair the World, Justice and Community. Through immersion and service learning projects, students engage in high-quality, hands-on experiences designed to spark curiosity and to ignite a passion for lifelong learning. TVT graduates are inquisitive learners, compassionate citizens and courageous leaders in their community and in the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Juan Capistrano Grades: PK-12 | 1241 students
31641 La Novia
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
(949)661-0108 13.4 PK-12
- Irvine Grades: 4-12
15707 Rockfield Blvd. Suite 110
Irvine, CA 92618
(949)305-1705 6.2 4-12
- Irvine Grades: NS-8 | 184 students
1 Technology Drive, Building A
Irvine, CA 92618
(949)544-1047 5.5 NS-8
- Irvine Grades: 1-12 | 64 students
Irvine, CA 92604
(949)733-1500 3.6 1-12
My three boys attend. All started in kindergarten. The academics are amazing! Top 5 SAT scores in Orange county for the class of ''14. More Advanced Placement program awards then any other school OC school per student in "14. Completing many AP's is feasible as the homework burden is not nearly as great as at other local private and public schools. My eldest son is a top 5000 test taker both SAT and AP nationally and I attribute much of the success to the school and the individualized programming that allows gifted students to accelerate. Even more important, the school instills values and life skills that will pay dividends in the years to come. A great community of parents and individualized programming. The special needs learning center is amazing and I have personal experience with this as well. Advanced Institutes allow after-school programming for working parents until 4:30 pm 4 days a week in Math/Science, Arts/Music, Jewish Studies all currently built into the price of admission. Middle school and Upper school athletics programs allow for participation for all of those interested regardless of ability. I can't imagine a better place to send my children!
- Posted by Parent - ragba
World class. Parents routinely burst into tears after visiting the school, saying, "I wish I could have gone here." Beautiful facilities; outstanding, dedicated faculty and staff. The ability to focus on the specific needs of every single student. My 4th grader actually said, "I wish it weren't Sunday. I wish I had school today." He never said that at his previous school. This school is as good as it gets.
- Posted by Parent - Micha
As an alumnus of the class of 2009, I look back on my 13 years at TVT with a sense of eternal gratitude for the teachers, administrators, staff and life long friends I made at this school. TVT truly became a second home to me, a place I grew up surrounded by people who forever positively impacted my life. Even though 5 years have passed since graduating, some of my closest friendships and professional relationships have their roots in Tarbut. For me, the community of exceptional people speaks volumes about why every Jewish child in Orange County would be fortunate to experience a TVT education. The curricular and extracurricular opportunities positioned me for success far beyond my developmental years. Whether it was inside the classroom, participation in clubs like ASB and Mock Trial or service trips to New Orleans and Kenya, TVT instilled in me a sense of discipline, a powerful work ethic and strong Jewish values that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. TVT is a timeless investment into your child's future.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jgins
My Daughters started TVT in Kindergaten and both have had an amazing experience to date. Once we started our first daughter at TVT we knew we could go nowhere else. Each year the girls have had an amazing experience with excellent teachers that help them soar. The girls thrive in TVT's academically and Judaic rich environment that helps them achieve academic success but also reinforces our family's Jewish values and help them to be a "mench". Our girls are receiving an excellent education where they are becoming critical thinkers. TVT offers an amazing lesson plan which provides the children not only the basics, but also includes as part of their curriculum, a robust science program, music, art, computers, foreign language, and Jewish Studies. We have one more child who just joined the TVT family in 2012 when she started kindergarten, and I am confident that her experience at TVT will be the same as her siblings. TVT's kindergarten set the stage for children to have a passion for learning that will stay with them for the rest of their lives. If you are looking for a private school please take a tour. You will see why I am so excited by TVT!
- Posted by Parent - lshat
Our daughter started Kindergarten this year and we have had a wonderful experience. The teachers are caring and nurturing while encouraging the kids to do their best. The differentiated approach to learning allows students to learn at their own pace and keeps them challenged. The campus is beautiful and is set up in villages so it feels small and intimate for each grade. The school does a great job of integrating students of all ages together for example the kindergarteners were taught cheers by the high school cheerleaders for a school spirit night. The school has been warm and welcoming to our entire family and we look forward to spending many more years at TVT.
- Posted by Parent - smbre
This is our 9th year at this wonderful school. Our 3 boys are thriving and have grown to feel TVT is their family. The teachers are warm and caring, and our boys each get the attention and educational instruction they need. I feared when we left pre-school that I would miss being an environment that felt safe and special but TVT has maintained that all the way through 12th grade. I feel so fortunate to be a part of this community.
- Posted by Parent - wayne
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.