The Aronoff Preschool at the Merage JCC recognizes the potential in each child, and we value the vital contributions that families make to the school community.
We believe that children are competent and capable learners, researchers and problem-solvers.
Our emergent curriculum embraces the Reggio Emilia approach and supports children`s spirit of inquiry by offering opportunities for large and small group exploration.
Our teachers create a forum for children to share their theories, knowledge, and questions, leading to discovery, growth and contextual learning.
Parents are invited to be part of this process, ensuring that the child`s home and classroom integrate seamlessly.
We believe that it takes a strong partnership between parents, faculty and eager young students to create a learning community, a school where the best early childhood theories are put into practice.
When children, teachers and families share in this type of learning journey, it is easy to become involved in the excitement of a child who is beginning to understand the world and his or her place in it.
Our curriculum will help your child develop a lifelong love of learning, and our teaching faculty will help prepare your child for the best kindergartens in Orange County.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||295 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Sheila Dalva-Hornback|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Climbing, Dance, Gymnastics, SwimmingClimbing, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We offer a variety of programs for children 0-5:Infant/Toddler Center (ITC) for children six weeks through 2 years12-Month Program
- Full-Day 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.Three- or Five-Day Options
- Preschool Programs for ages 18 months 6 yearsHalf-Day 9 a.m. - 12:45 p.m
- Plus-Day 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.Full-Day 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) for children ages 4.5 to 6 years
- Plus-Day 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Full-Day 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Enrichment classes ages 3-6
- Our enrichment programs are designed for your child to have optional activities, whether during their school day or an optional add-on. We have a variety of classes to choose from, such as Little Rembrandts, Harvest Cooking, Color Explosion Science, Tumble and Move, Superhero Sports and more. Preschool Enrichment
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Aronoff Preschool is TVT Community Day School (0.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irvine Grades: NS-PK | 70 students
501 Adobe Cir Rd
Irvine, CA 92697
(949) 824-2100 0.9 NS-PK
- Irvine Grades: K | 27 students
101 Russell Pl
Irvine, CA 92617
(949) 683-7835 0.9 K
- Irvine Grades: PK-K | 333 students
1 Concordia West
Irvine, CA 92612
(949) 854-7611 1.3 PK-K
- Irvine Grades: 9-12 | 240 students
4199 Campus Dr
Irvine, CA 92612
(213) 388-3650 1.4 9-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.