- The Aronoff Preschool at the Merage JCC recognizes the potential in each child, and we value the vital contributions that families make to the school community.
- We believe that children are competent and capable learners, researchers and problem-solvers.
- Our emergent curriculum embraces the Reggio Emilia approach and supports children`s spirit of inquiry by offering opportunities for large and small group exploration.
- Our teachers create a forum for children to share their theories, knowledge, and questions, leading to discovery, growth and contextual learning.
- Parents are invited to be part of this process, ensuring that the child`s home and classroom integrate seamlessly.
- We believe that it takes a strong partnership between parents, faculty and eager young students to create a learning community, a school where the best early childhood theories are put into practice.
- When children, teachers and families share in this type of learning journey, it is easy to become involved in the excitement of a child who is beginning to understand the world and his or her place in it.
- Our curriculum will help your child develop a lifelong love of learning, and our teaching faculty will help prepare your child for the best kindergartens in Orange County.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||295 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Sheila Dalva-Hornback|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Climbing, Dance, Gymnastics, SwimmingClimbing, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We offer a variety of programs for children 0-5:Infant/Toddler Center (ITC) for children six weeks through 2 years12-Month Program
- Full-Day 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.Three- or Five-Day Options
- Preschool Programs for ages 18 months 6 yearsHalf-Day 9 a.m. - 12:45 p.m
- Plus-Day 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.Full-Day 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) for children ages 4.5 to 6 years
- Plus-Day 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Full-Day 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Enrichment classes ages 3-6
- Our enrichment programs are designed for your child to have optional activities, whether during their school day or an optional add-on. We have a variety of classes to choose from, such as Little Rembrandts, Harvest Cooking, Color Explosion Science, Tumble and Move, Superhero Sports and more. Preschool Enrichment
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irvine Grades: NS-PK | 70 students
501 Adobe Cir Rd
Irvine, CA 92697
(949)824-2100 0.9 NS-PK
- Irvine Grades: K-1 | 49 students
101 Russell Pl
Irvine, CA 92617
(949)854-6030 0.9 K-1
- Irvine Grades: PK-K | 324 students
1 Concordia West
Irvine, CA 92612
(949)854-7611 1.3 PK-K
- Irvine Grades: PK-3 | 115 students
4552 Sandburg Way
Irvine, CA 92612
(949)786-7694 2 PK-3
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.