- The Elliott Institute is a certified Non-Public School and Clinic specializing in academic, language, and behavior intervention as well as treatment of children with special needs.
- We offer an Integrated Educational Program which includes academics, language and behavior intervention.
- There is limited enrollment for 3 classrooms. Our classroom ratio is 2:1.
- 1:1 Aides are provided per IEP's. Our goal is to return the students to full inclusions with or without an aide or to the special education classroom in their own neighborhood schools.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We contract with various school districts.|
|Admissions Director||Alicia A. Elliott|
|Admissions Associate||Laura Hodge|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Pasadena Grades: NS-12 | 163 students
1955 Fremont Ave
South Pasadena, CA 91030
(323)257-3006 8.6 NS-12
- Pasadena Grades: 2-12 | 59 students
2116 East Villa Street
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)449-2919 8.5 2-12
- Pasadena Grades: 1-12 | 121 students
971 N Altadena Dr
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)791-1255 8.6 1-12
- Pasadena Grades: 2-12 | 81 students
940 Avenue 64
Pasadena, CA 91105
(323)254-2274 7.2 2-12
- Alhambra Grades: 4-12 | 101 students
9 N Almansor St
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626)308-4521 10.6 4-12
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.