- The Elliott Institute is a certified Non-Public School and Clinic specializing in academic, language, and behavior intervention as well as treatment of children with special needs.
- We offer an Integrated Educational Program which includes academics, language and behavior intervention.
- There is limited enrollment for 3 classrooms. Our classroom ratio is 2:1.
- 1:1 Aides are provided per IEP's. Our goal is to return the students to full inclusions with or without an aide or to the special education classroom in their own neighborhood schools.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We contract with various school districts.|
|Admissions Director||Alicia A. Elliott|
|Admissions Associate||Laura Hodge|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Pasadena Grades: PK-12 | 163 students
1955 Fremont Ave
South Pasadena, CA 91030
(323)257-3006 8.6 PK-12
- Pasadena Grades: 2-12 | 59 students
2116 East Villa Street
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)449-2919 8.5 2-12
- Alhambra Grades: 4-12 | 101 students
9 N Almansor St
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626)308-4521 10.6 4-12
- Berkeley Grades: 4-12 | 55 students
41 Bolivar Drive
Berkeley, CA 94710
(510)649-1177 339.2 4-12
- Berkeley Grades: 5
2855 Telegraph Ave. Suite 312
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)845-1321 337.2 5
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.