- The Elliott Institute is a certified Non-Public School and Clinic specializing in academic, language, and behavior intervention as well as treatment of children with special needs.
- We offer an Integrated Educational Program which includes academics, language and behavior intervention.
- There is limited enrollment for 3 classrooms. Our classroom ratio is 2:1.
- 1:1 Aides are provided per IEP's. Our goal is to return the students to full inclusions with or without an aide or to the special education classroom in their own neighborhood schools.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We contract with various school districts.|
|Admissions Director||Alicia A. Elliott|
|Admissions Associate||Laura Hodge|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Pasadena Grades: PK-12 | 163 students
1955 Fremont Ave
South Pasadena, CA 91030
(323)257-3006 8.6 PK-12
- Pasadena Grades: 2-12 | 59 students
2116 East Villa Street
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)449-2919 8.5 2-12
- Pasadena Grades: 1-12 | 121 students
971 N Altadena Dr
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)791-1255 8.6 1-12
- Pasadena Grades: 2-12 | 81 students
940 Avenue 64
Pasadena, CA 91105
(323)254-2274 7.2 2-12
- Alhambra Grades: 4-12 | 101 students
9 N Almansor St
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626)308-4521 10.6 4-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.