5.00 (1 review)
Westridge School Photo #2 - Westridge is an independent, forward-thinking girls school for students in grades 4-12. We are committed to educating intellectually adventurous thinkers, and courageous, compassionate leaders.
Westridge School Photo #3 - Lower School (Grades 4-6) at Westridge is a joyous mix of creativity, intellectual challenge, personal development, and girl power.
Westridge School Photo #4 - Our Middle School (Grades 7-8) students are fierce learners, and we challenge them with a curriculum that is project-centered and highly interdisciplinary, encouraging them to take ownership of their learning.
Westridge School Photo #5 - The Upper School (Grades 9-12) at Westridge is a joyful environment where girls have the freedom to be who they are. Self-consciousness is dispelled and girls are empowered to learn and grow into their best bold selves.
Westridge School Photo #6 - The College Counseling program at Westridge is a rich, intensely personalized, full-service guidance program that embraces the whole girl. It includes two semester-long courses devoted to the process. Find out more about our process at www.westridge.org/college.
Westridge School Photo #7 - Westridge fields teams in basketball, cross country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, tennis, track and field, volleyball, and water polo. Learn more about our teams at www.westridge.org/athletics.
Westridge School Photo #8 - At Westridge, we emphasize "making" music over "playing" music. While many schools can deliver a stellar performance, few can boast our unique blend of harmony, process, and creativity. Learn more at www.westridge.org/music.
Westridge School Photo #9 - Girls at Westridge have opportunities to experience all aspects of theatre, from acting and directing, to costume construction and stage management. Learn more about theatre at Westridge at www.westridge.org/theatre.
Westridge School Photo #10 - At Westridge, the dance program has something for everyone. With equal opportunities for beginning and experienced dancers, the Westridge dance program is both flexible and student-centered; with the support of seasoned instructors, students build upon their technical skills at all levels and practice a wide range of dance styles, including modern, ballet, jazz, and hip-hop.
- Westridge is a community where academic achievement goes hand in hand with becoming imaginative, independent thinkers - where students discover themselves and the world around them - where they learn what it means to make a difference.
- Girls are immersed in a curriculum designed specifically for girls and taught by teachers who are not just experts in their fields, but experts at educating young women.
- We are committed to educating intellectually adventurous thinkers, and courageous, compassionate leaders.
- Students Tackle "The Power of Voice" at the 7th Annual Voices in Literature & Culture Conference - 04/26/2019 - Twenty-nine students tackled the topic of "The Power of Voice" at the 7th Annual Voices in Literature & Culture Conference in April. Middle and Upper School students presented essays, dramatic ...moremonologues, visual art, short films, original songs, and slam poetry exploring what it means to have a voice, and how you choose to use it. hide
- Westridge Middle School's Partnership with USC Games Inspires Future Designer - 04/11/2019 - Recently, students from the University of Southern California (USC) Games program (the only interactive media and game design program in the country with 50% female enrollment) visited Westridge as part ...moreof a newly launched partnership between the two schools created to promote interest in game design among women and girls and cultivate female leaders and mentorship in the industry. The USC students joined Coding & Game Design, a 7th and 8th grade elective aimed at teaching girls to code through gaming. hide
Westridge School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||500 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB & BC, Chemistry, Chinese, Computer Science A, Computer Science Principles, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, Latin - Vergil & Caesar, Physics C, Spanish Language, Statistics, U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1490|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki Pants and/or Khaki Skirt and White T-Shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 13|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,110|
|Tuition Notes||$29,110 for grades 4-6 / $32,280 for grades 7-8 / $37,750 for grades 9-12|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sarah Jallo|
|Admissions Associate||Margaret Shoemaker|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Equestrian, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBasketball, Cross Country,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||42 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||EPIC (Environmental Protection & Interest Club), FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America)|
Club or Organization:
Alliance, Amnesty International, Anime, Asian Culture, Back of the Bus: Podcasting Club, Black Student Union, Chess Club, Christian Affinity, Cooking Club, Debate Club, Film, Girls Who Code, Green Guerillas, History Club, Interfaith Council, Junior Classical League (Latin), Lit Club, Madhatter Knits, Math Club, Middle Eastern Affinity, Middle School Water Warriors, Model United Nations, Muslim Affinity, Ocean Awareness & Conservation Club, Outdoor Corps, Science Olympiad, Service Committee, Skittles (LGBTQ Affinity), Spanish/Hispanic Culture, Spyglass (Student Newspaper), Students for Social Justice, Theater Club, UNITY, Yearbook, Young Democrats, Young Republicans, Zine Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Athletic Association, Ultimate Frisbee
- Our students learn in a joyful environment that develops critical thinking and leadership in its many forms. They are supported by a purposeful community that values personal challenge, inclusion, connection, and enriching our world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Grades: K-12 | 858 students
1030 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626)396-6300 1.7 K-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 533 students
250 S Rossmore Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323)935-1147 10.5 7-12
- Pasadena Grades: PK-12 | 359 students
67 W Bellevue Dr
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626)792-5940 0.8 PK-12
My daughter has attended The Westridge School since grade 4, the first year of admittance. She is currently a freshman. Westridge is indeed a special place where anything is possible. It is a supportive, inclusive environment with an emphasis on academic excellence. A Westridge girl is a force of nature. My daughter has not been shaped or formed, rather engaged in the empowering process of honing her best, bold self in a constructive, expressive manner as to affect good. The Westridge School does an amazing job of admitting quality young woman who are bright, confident and diverse. Its highly educated teachers, administrators, and specialty staff, model a culture of higher mindedness. The campus is stunning and impeccably maintained with attention to safety, architecture, and sustainability. A most gracious institution with deep ties to the community and a history of turning out well adjusted, happy young woman. Among them are many of the best and brightest in our nation. Its an honor to be a part of The Westridge School experience. -E. J-K
- Posted by Parent - toast
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
Choosing the right private school for your child involves comparing schools as opposed to ranking them.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.