5.00 (2 reviews)
- The mission of the Chandler School is to provide each student with the highest quality and most academically challenging education in a nurturing, balanced and diverse environment.
- We strive to have our students gain a love of learning, a means of thinking independently and an ability to work collaboratively.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 14 / Jan. 11|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website at chandlerschool.org for information about the application process, tuition & fees and financial aid.|
|Admissions Director||Gretchen Lurie|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Diving, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Diving, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Debate and Speech
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The mission of the Chandler School is to provide each student with the highest quality and most academically challenging education in a nurturing, balanced and diverse environment. We strive to have our students gain a love of learning, a means of thinking independently and an ability to work collaboratively. A Chandler education seeks to develop good character, self- reliance and a commitment to community in students as a foundation for academic and personal success. Our goals are to uphold the Chandler tradition of academic excellence and intellectual discipline in a program that develops the mind, body and spirit; to promote respect, trustworthiness, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship, which are the core values of our school community; to foster an educational environment that values and communicates respect for racial, religious, cultural and economic differences; and to serve the greater community, in recognition that as much is given to us, much is expected from us. The Chandler School is concerned with each child and strives to develop an atmosphere in which children develop self-esteem, as well as respect for their peers as individuals.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Grades: K-12 | 858 students
1030 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626)396-6300 2.5 K-12
- Pasadena Grades: NS-8 | 347 students
1720 Kinneloa Canyon Rd
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)798-8989 4.2 NS-8
- Pasadena Grades: K-8 | 516 students
405 S Euclid Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101
(626)796-2774 1.8 K-8
- Pasadena Grades: PK-12 | 326 students
67 W Bellevue Dr
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626)792-5940 1.6 PK-12
Chandler is one of the top K-8 schools in California, with a well-deserved reputation for academic excellence. The program is outstanding and the students are bright, motivated, hard-working, and talented, yet the community is down to earth and humble. Parents volunteer a ton of hours (by choice - there is no requirement to volunteer) at this school, and are committed to the community. Teachers are professional and serious about their craft. They aim to inspire as well as teach, and they connect with many different types of students and work with parents. The opportunities are also quite amazing in art, PE and sports, music, community service, and debate (middle school). Graduates of the school go on to top area high schools and are extremely well prepared, not only in the classroom but as caring and compassionate and well-rounded people.
- Posted by Parent - Erin
Chandler provides the perfect amount of academic rigor to challenge young minds and prepare them for the year(s) ahead. They offer immersive programming that integrates multiple subjects and team work. The lower school and the middle school leaders and teachers collaborate to make sure 5th graders are ready for middle school and beyond. Chandler has a multitude of sports teams and offers exposure to a much larger variety of sports during the lower school years. Chandler also has amazing art and music teachers who engage the creative sides of our children's brains. The facility is incredible, the community of parents is fantastic and my kids look forward to every school day with a smile on their faces. Thank you Chandler!
- Posted by Parent - Chris
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.