- Founded in 1907, Polytechnic School is an independent, coeducational day school for students in kindergarten through grade 12.
- With high academic standards as its cornerstone, the school has developed a broad curriculum with outstanding programs in the performing and visual arts, athletics, and community service.
- Polytechnic School is a unique blend of tradition and innovation, making it an exceptional place for children to learn and to grow.
- The school is organized into three divisions — lower school from kindergarten through fifth grade, middle school from sixth through eighth grade, and upper school from ninth through twelfth grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||858 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||128 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary by division. For the 2008-2009 school year, tuition rates are as follows:Grades K-5: $18,675 Grades 6-8: $21,950 Grades 9-12: $25,225|
|Admissions Director||Sally Jeanne McKenna|
|Admissions Associate||Barbra Pakler|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Grades: 9-12 | 565 students
169 South Saint John Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626)817-4000 1.6 9-12
- Pasadena Grades: NS-8 | 347 students
1720 Kinneloa Canyon Rd
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)798-8989 3.4 NS-8